All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone drove the new corsa D???

I've learnt to drive in a corsa C but the thing is my test is in a few weeks, I have one lesson untill my test and just found out my driving instructor is getting a new car!! So now I have one lesson to get use to a new car so i'm a bit worried!! Does anyone know if there is much difference in driving the C to the D?

I failed my last test on observations on manovers - I didn't look in my rear window... so I'm worried that if the D is different I won't look again if im too busy concentrating on the new car?

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
cant believe its that different ... just drive normally ;)

waiting on the responses of D owners ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I own a B and learnt in a C and there not too different so just hopin this is the same! I just worried about the rear quater being different shape..

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Just drive how you've been taught! Shouldn't matter what car it is, as long as you do that.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I failed twice before I passed so don't worry about it, take it steady and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
They feel a lot bigger inside but apart from that there isnt much difference. Hardest thing will be the manoverures (sp?).

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
id assume the corsa D is a tadge bigger. so id ask for another lesson if posible if you dont feel as comfortable in the d

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
To be fair your driving instructer should be considerate enough to let you practise more in the new car before you take the test.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i have drove a corsa D 1.4 sxi

there easy to drive steering is abit light tho, only thing that bothers me is the indicators, doesnt feel like you have turned them on when they are so takes ages playing with them which can be annoying.. and there are way too many gadgets on the steering wheel..

all in all its a comfy ride nothing to difficult just like driving any other car

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was parked behind a black D at the filling station not too long back and it does seem a lot bigger than my B....but don't panic. You learnt in a Corsa but that doesn't restrict you to driving only Corsas ;)

Should have taken a pic....older sister with baby sister kinda thing :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Or yer as Riseley said the indicators will take a bit of getting used to. Since you have to flick them on and then they bounce back into the middle (while being on). So just check to make sure they have stayed on and have gone off when you want them to.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The D's are alot heavier than C's and are underpowered, especially the lower engine models

the only difference i think u will notice is the sensitive brakes when u press on them as they will be new, so brake lightly

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That would do my head in.
lol thats what i was thinking!

well i have my lesson on monday, then test the monday after. i seen my instructor drive past yesterday still driving the C so im hoping the D wont come in time!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts