All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corsa diesel 1.4 has had intermittent starting problems. I let the glow plug light go out, turn the key and nothing, but if I then turn the key all the way back then all the way forward then the starter motor engages but it still won't start. This only happens occasionally but just recently the engine cuts out completely as I'm driving along. The AA and my local garage (who put it on their computer) are mystified as am I.
Anyone any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there bit confused if it actually turns on firt turn of the key...the glow plugs would have nothing to do with it, they only work below 0 degrees Centigrade, its more likely to be the primary fuel pump in the tank, possibly not working at all, i had a VW like that once, it eventualy drew the fuel up from the tank...its probabley a common rail system, the injectors could be leaking back..would need to do a test on them...i suppose you dont have any fault codes?...if so would investigate them, could be bad fuel or blocked fuel filter, sounds like the ignition switch could be faulty?..hope this helps..from Fred in essex.

My Corsa diesel 1.4 has had intermittent starting problems. I let the glow plug light go out, turn the key and nothing, but if I then turn the key all the way back then all the way forward then the starter motor engages but it still won't start. This only happens occasionally but just recently the engine cuts out completely as I'm driving along. The AA and my local garage (who put it on their computer) are mystified as am I.
Anyone any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts