All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new to forum.. i have a slight problem with a corsa diesel 1.7 97 r reg i bought the car with a bump(slight) from a salvage yard and the car wont start it just turns over and over does the car have a fuel cut off switch? and does it have a immobilisor as ive been told it may need key coding has i only have one key any help needed thanks in advance....

·
Banned
521 Posts
checked the spark plugs and leads? and it doesnt sound like you have an immobisizer as it wouldnt even turn over it you did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bit of a up date

just spent an hour on trying various things and i have managed to get to the stage where it turns over and fires up for a couple of seconds then dies does this sound like shortage of fuel?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Corsa's do turn over if the immobiliser is buggered Mark.
They will usually start and then cut out straight away.

·
Registered
389 Posts
diesels dont have spark plugs and leads, dont think there will be a fuel cut of is there any diesel in it lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Open up your key and see if there is a chip in it. Sounds like an immobiliser problem to me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
yes if theres petrol flow then it must be immobilised mine starts for about 2-3 second then cuts out unless i press my button on the key fob to turn the immobiliser of

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
opened key up and if its the little grey thing about 1cm long then yes it has a chip. Is there anyway i can reset it myself because if it has to go to vauxhall thats another problem.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You may possibly have to get another ecu and key chip if it is that at fault. It's a cheaper option then going to Vauxhall.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
There is no way of getting around the immobiliser.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Don't get one from breakers yard, they will charge too much. Look on ebay, they can be bought for around £10.
You'll need to get a matching chip and ecu.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep it should be.

·
Banned
521 Posts
i will think before typing in future:eek:

my car doesnt turn over when the immobilizer is activated. Just get a beep an thats it. Tried running a paperclip test to see if it throws up any fault codes?

·
Registered
393 Posts
i was about to say that mmvcorsa lol, everybody seemed to jump straight into the electrical side of it before going for simple things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts