All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copied from eBay;

For Sale is my W Reg Corsa GLS. SPARES OR REPAIRS.

The car has a 1.0 12V engine and being the GLS model, comes with Electric Windows & Mirrors, Central Locking and Immobiliser.

I'll start with the good parts. For her age, she's very clean. The sills are immaculate, all the arches are clean, the interior is immaculate and there are very few dents and scratches on the paint work.

The bad parts are that the edge of the bonnet has some rust, there's a small 50p size rust bubble on the drivers door and the previous owner had someone crashed into the wing. There is a replacement wing with the car and this is in the correct colour with the arch trim. The drivers side mirror could do with replacing however this isn't 100% needed. The glass stays where it is, however the motors don't seem to work... typical Vauxhall problem. Last thing, the drivers side window sticks once it's down towards the bottom. It goes down fine, but the last little bit just needs a little help.

The biggest problem however, is the engine. I bought the car only a few weeks ago and it was running fine, however, driving home from work - it died. AA came out and diagnosed it as slipped timing chain however, having spent the best part of 10hrs fitting a brand new chain kit at the weekend. it's not solved the problem. The car has also had a new Coil Pack, EGR Valve, Coolant Temperature Sensor, MAF Sensor, Cam and Crank sensors. The new chain kit had new Chain, Sprockets, Guides, Gaskets along with a brand new Water Pump. Oh! I should also mention it's got brand new Track Rod Ends, CV Gaiters and a new Back Box and Centre Pipe.

It's worth adding here that this is probably a really simple fix, however, with my new job, I just don't have anymore spare time to spend on it. It Will Need To Be Taken On A Trailer.

I guess for someone this will be a really cheap fix. Given how clean the chassis and body is, it would make a great vehicle for either a track car or even just a cheap engine conversion. Whatever your plans, this really is too good to scrap and just needs someone who can fix it themselves or has "Friends in Right Places" All the parts on the car make this worth a lot more but I need it gone quickly. I'm also quite a nice person... thus giving this to you at a bargain starting price.

I am at the moment, still waiting for the log book to come through. I have the green new keepers slip but hopefully, by the end of the auction, it will have come through.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
This is not clear about the price. Is it up for sale at £250, or is that the starting price on the ebay auction?

If the chain was the cause of the problem and it's been replaced and timed up right then chances are there's valve damage - did you check the compressions after replacing the chain?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.