All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a little help please. My handbrake cable snapped about 2 months ago, so was just leaving it in gear (as you do) while the handbrake cable was still snapped the handbrake light started to come on when i was taking tight right hand corners. I fixed my handbrake cable last week and the problem persists... anyone have any ideas what this could be??? :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already done this m8, was the first port of call, i was thinking maybe there is a switch or something that is being activated when i go round a right hand corner, i have no idea about electrics so im probaly talking rubbish... thats the best i could come up with though

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Your now in the same boat as me then, I just pretend its traction control or something similar and ignore it, it has got worse and worse though!
I was told to check the switch but not too sure where that is or what it looks like.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmmmm, i'm having the same problem but now it just comes on whenever it bloody well likes rrrrr!!! i've been told its a loose wire in the switch which in most cars is located just underneath the handbreak handle, i just cant get the gaitor off to have a look at it

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
oh lol i just see red and green lights never really look at the symbol lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just ran my battery flat - long story. Had the RAC out to jump start it, took it come late at night and had a sharp corner. Now getting the same problem but only conering right it seems. WTF? Must be electrical.

·
Registered
65 Posts
all sorted ha ha top up with a bit of brake fluid. it seems that even though the main resevoir was full the little one where the sensor is lost its contents everytime i cornered :s topped it up today before going alton towers and went off straight away woop woop

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
all sorted ha ha top up with a bit of brake fluid. it seems that even though the main resevoir was full the little one where the sensor is lost its contents everytime i cornered :s topped it up today before going alton towers and went off straight away woop woop
What little resevoir? I only know of the one! :shocked:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had this, rear cylinder had gone and pissed it's contents into the left drum. Everytime I cornered the light flashed (I guess the sensor was seeing the level shift). Failing MOT shortly after, required new cylinder and shoes (old ones contaminated). Kwik Fit job was £250 for all work + MOT. Not too bad I guess but still pissed off,

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I had this, rear cylinder had gone and pissed it's contents into the left drum. Everytime I cornered the light flashed (I guess the sensor was seeing the level shift). Failing MOT shortly after, required new cylinder and shoes (old ones contaminated). Kwik Fit job was £250 for all work + MOT. Not too bad I guess but still pissed off,
I had the same problem, rear brake cylinder gone, spilling brake fluid everywhere, rear brake shoes worn down too. Got a new cylinder and new rear brake shoes for £125. Was anything else required for the MOT?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem, rear brake cylinder gone, spilling brake fluid everywhere, rear brake shoes worn down too. Got a new cylinder and new rear brake shoes for £125. Was anything else required for the MOT?
Yeah, one tyre so about right. 50 MOT + 30 tyre + 150ish brakes. It's what you get for going to Kwik Fit though. Glad it got sorted though, initially they told me I'd need new drums too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.