All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I own a W Reg 2000 Corsa Envoy which i think is a corsa B. Anyway whenever i stop in traffic, the temperature gauge starts to rise. This leads me to believe that the fan isn't coming on when it should. This morning checked the fuses and tested the fan by putting the battery across the input terminals of the fan. The fan works fine. I then shorted out the sensor, and still nothing. So the problem is the relay or the ECU. But i can't find the relay anywhere on my car. I have looked Above the glove compartment, where all the fuses are to the right of the steering wheel. Also both footwells. I can't find any sort of junction box under my bonnet. I really need help please someone....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hello, I own a W Reg 2000 Corsa Envoy which i think is a corsa B. Anyway whenever i stop in traffic, the temperature gauge starts to rise. This leads me to believe that the fan isn't coming on when it should. This morning checked the fuses and tested the fan by putting the battery across the input terminals of the fan. The fan works fine. I then shorted out the sensor, and still nothing. So the problem is the relay or the ECU. But i can't find the relay anywhere on my car. I have looked Above the glove compartment, where all the fuses are to the right of the steering wheel. Also both footwells. I can't find any sort of junction box under my bonnet. I really need help please someone....
Unplug the lead that goes into the fan you should see two pins

Take a Live from the battery (one live) with a wire and put it in one side on one of the terminals and put the lead that goes in back in with the wire squashed in, (giving it a live) Get it up to temperature and the fan should kick in if it does the live side is down, Aka a fuse or something. this is what i did worked as a fix untill i repair it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.