All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife's Corsa C ('02 plate) has recently been suffering from a acceleration power problem and keeps wanting to cut out when driving. When it does drive pressing the accelerator to the floor does not give same pickup/power as before. Instead it takes time to grandually gain speed. I read on this thread http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/car-judders-then-12993p2.html which describes the exact same problem.

Before I commit to process of elimination and buy parts I noticed another problem previously with the immobiliser. When inserting the key and turning to ignition on the car/spanner light would flash, which means immobiliser is not deactivated and car would not start. Removing the key and retrying resolves this problem. Same also happens with the spare key and batteries are ok, but I don't think the RFid chip is powered by battery - think it's by induction from the coil in the ignition.

I wonder could the issue with the immobiliser be causing the car to cut out whilst driving/idle, i.e. I think the immobiliser cuts the fuel to the engine. Could this be likely cause.

Any help will be much appreciated - thanks.

·
Banned
885 Posts
The acceleration problems as you describe them, are unlikely to be immobiliser related.

If possible, I would suggest that you get any fault codes read, delete any codes that are present and see if ant re-appear after the problem next happens.

We could go into guessing what might be wrong, but then you could end up buying parts that are not required.

It wouldn't do any harm to buy a tin of carb cleaner and give the throttle body a spring clean, but there is no guarantee that this will actually cure your problem.

Regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.