All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corsa stopped working overnight ?
Have changed plugs, the crank sensor, replaced the fuel pump but still no joy!
checked compression appears ok.
What controls the fuel on to the ejectors ?
When the engine turns over the plugs appear dry, no fuel in the cylinders, would you expect the plugs to be wet from unburnt fuel ???
Help :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the fuel pump relay or fuse? It your car cranking, what's happening when you turn the key?
Hi Joe,
Pump primes, engine turns over, good spark. I would expect plugs to be wet with fuel but seem dry ? No fault codes. Have taken??? rocker cover off to check timing chain, seems good, could the chain slip ? Tipped a bit of fuel down pots which ignited ok. Have been told to try a tow bump start to reset, dose not make sense 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Sparky, I've red your message only today. You're right your spark plugs are not supposed to be dry since you are trying to cranking multiple times with no start(search flooded engine), try to check your entire fuel system from the fuel pump RELAY(or fuse) to the injectors, your engine is not getting fuel at all, don't push start your car as it doesn't make any sense. If you timing is off that would also cause this problem as you ECU wouldn't know when to spray fuel. Try the cheap fixes first like resetting your ECU(disconnect neg. terminal for an hour then connect again, see if that fixes the issue. This is an informative video on donut media that could help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts