All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, as u probly no i own a corsa 1.2 8v 4cyl.on the specs section it says that a 3cyl 12v 1.0 would beat mine.after goin in one i doublt this very much.and the when u put ya foot down in the higher gears its like its barely accelerating at all.i think mine would have it on top end aswel.what do u think n what r ur experiences??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ye.iv been in my m8s and i did seem slower than mine when he put his foot down but iv seen a video clip on one doing over 110mph.i fink it mite of been b/s tho.has anyone driven both??

·
Registered
87 Posts
i think the 1.0 would probably pull away faster then the 1.2 would smoke it after that, not sure though so dont quote me if am wrong but i own a 1.0 12v the now.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Mines a bit of an animal when it's feeling fruity.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
lol at the end of the day corsas were made for woman and old people to tootle around the shops in, not for racing.

if i remember correctly the 1.0 12v engine has 56bhp and the 1.2 8v has 46bhp. soo lawnmowers can be beaten now and again.

my car has beaten a 1.28v and 1.1 206 tryin so id asume the 1.0 12v is a tad faster.

and the top speed stuff is all bull. clock speed isnt usualy quite right as in my younger days i was shocked to see my 1.0 12v hiting 110mph. as the book speed is 96mph.

thats my 2 pence :p

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
its like my 1.4 8v is suposed to be the same speed as the 1.2 8v but there about the same off the line then it leaves them. :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
my 1.2sxi 16v ecotec runs quick for a 1.2 :) ... i reckon the 1.2 8v are quite slow i think the 1.0 8v would have it .

·
Registered
393 Posts
the 1.0 12v engines are more powerful on paper, but on the road, they can't spin up as fast as an 8v and they lack bottom-midrange torque. i've driven a few small-capacity corsa's and even when my engine was standard, it would still pull away and get up to speed faster than a 1.0. nowadays they tend to get annihilated so it isn't as much fun :( but leaves me with chasing after 1.4's or 1.2 corsa c's lol!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i drove a 3 cylinder 1.0 and there fun to throw about lol 1200 8vs are great can be nippy but top end if you can call it thats crap, i think id keep my own car then go back down a size or 2

d

1 - 20 of 46 Posts