All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Im new to all corsa, seeing as i own one i figured id join up.

Thought id start up a new thread for car, technically its not new as ive had it since august but recently thought i may aswell keep it for a bit and tidy it up, maybe do a few other bits on the way.

The essence of the thread will be ongoing works for the car at hopefully minimal cost as i want to show it doesnt take a fortune to have a nice/ish car, im aiming to do the majority of the work myself.

Had the weekend off work so got physical and went for suspension change, poly bushes put in and a few other niggly bits.

Pics will follow but so far managed to get some of the bushes done as i didnt realise what a pain theyd be to get out, rear bushes ive been told are a nightmare so that will have to wait for another day, only one set left to do on front which are tie bar to chassis mount only got sent the wrong size!!!
frustrated was an understatement however trip to local scrappy got me a set and new sun visors plus clips for £12.

car cost 250+ suspension 100+ 2 tyres 40+ 140ish poly bush kit

Grand total so far = £530

not including tax,insurance or petrol but for mot few months back had to get rear brakes sorted at cost of 50 so could say total cost £580.

think the next thing will probably be to get some new replacement rims and sort bodywork out within the next few months then plan the engine swap :D

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could someone also let me know how to upload additional images to this project thread as the add file box asks for image url whereas i just want to upload them from my computer like i did with the first few? im probably being silly but im not sure what to do here can someone let me know so i can post up rest of pic
thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys for your help etc, will get some plans up within the next couple of weeks, gonna try and get few bits sorted before summer gets here! then finish the rest over the winter.

few pics of the new bushes in and still the one to do, will probably take care of the rears and remaining fronts to change in one hit then when i get some time, am also planning a little service, pollen filter change etc at the same time.

need to get the chewing gum off the seat my mate kindly sat on there if anyones got tips i would appreciate that,its been only there a couple months so is not fresh?
interiors not too bad considering its got 124k on the clocks.

plans at the moment, in no order, are:

-sort out the handling with suspension, bushes and struts
-replace wheels with originals or get smooth fanblades depending on choice of brakes.
-get the car running as nice as it can be at the moment for minimal cost then wait for it to go bang and change it
-quite liking the red/black so want to keep the retro styling and sleeper look about the car but just tidy it up with a few small tweaks
-got a sub/amp and 6x9s ready to put it that were acquired for no cost just need to get a wiring kit
-sort out rust, welding and underseal car
-trim arches and eliminate wheels rubbing in arches

any thoughts/ideas welcome

*not sure about this photo upload thing im sure i will figure it out soon enough

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update as i haven't posted recently, work done over the last couple of months has been to keep the car going really.
serviced the car and fitted a used radiator that was basically new, finished fitting my powerflex poly bush kit, had to get tracking sorted a couple of times and keep bodging up the exhaust as a temporary fix.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
you can post more than one picture in one post mate!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah no worries, managed to figure that one out, getting to grips with the photobucket thing still.

in case anyone was wondering about the rear bush jobby we figured out that the bushes can be changed without taking apart the whole rear end and brakes etc, all we did was prop up the rear axle, persuade the bushes to come out and popped the new ones in so in total around an hours work with thinking time included. I had been dreading that job as i was told it was a pig and would take ages to do, there were no tutorials that i could find for it?

as for the air filter has anyone got some good tips for cleaning it?

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
bucket of water with stronge engine degreaser, leave it to soak for an hour or so, then jetwash it, thats how i cleaned mine and it worked a treat :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.