All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new car earlier tonight and its really sluggish when you put your foot down it hesitates for a while then slowly climbs any help n this?

It's a 1.6 corsa sport cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was running sluggish so the guy before had oil filter etc apart from plugs, had all sensors done apart from icv, the only thing I can think is throttle body maybe?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Any EM lights?

Does it happen when you put the foot down without any gear/load?

I had a problem with my other 1.0, It actually turned out to be EGR valve where slowly pressing gas would get it to speed but full foot down it would kangaroo and act as if i'm pressing it lightly. Odd.

See if any lights come up, get the codes read if they are. And regarding the sensors, were the noes replaced New Genuine or other?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No em lights and yea even when I sit in neutral and rev also does it, going to try the maf test

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maf test did nothing ran exactly the same noticed that the Cambelt is noisy sounds like one of the pulleys is rubbing on metal :/

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
:L

Don't worry, you'll get it fixed eventually. What do you mean by maf test sorry? Did you remove it and try it? If you removed it and its the same then it could be maf to say that its not detecting it in the first place. Or it could mean that the problem is somewhere else for it is staying the same but if maf is faulty, i have found disconnecting it usually makes it run better anyway.

Does it do same when cold?

Out of box thinking is fuel pump but usually this is not the case as far as I am aware with corsas anyway.

Can you borrow a maf for a 1.6 off anyone or take a trip to scrappers to get a maf and a egr valve?

Have you checked the throttle body functions fine/ It may be worth taking the top off it and inspecting it, if its black/gunky then clean it with carb cleaner, if it doesn't fix it - all it will do is improve fuel efficiency in the long run. Worth doing while you are in the bay.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes mate all the time once it gets past 3000/4000 revs it shoots off, it has a serious drinking problem though used 3 quarters of a tank doing 112miles, yes disconnected the sensor and no change

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could someone point me in the way of the tutorial for cleaning throttle body and icv please

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Was running sluggish so the guy before had oil filter etc apart from plugs, had all sensors done apart from icv, the only thing I can think is throttle body maybe?
I'd begin by checking the basics - it doesn't sound like it has had a thorough service. Check the Haynes for the list of service items, including a new set of plugs, air filter and fuel filter.

What is meant by "had all sensors done"? There's nothing to do to them by way of servicing unless they are showing a fault.

When you pull the plugs out post a photo on here - the state of the plugs will tell you a lot about the health of the engine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the plugs out they were abit dirty to say the least cleaned the throttle body briefly, started up brilliantly reved spot on went to pull of and nothing back to square one again

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't manage to get one totally forgot plus had the wife nagging at me like usual, they were covered in crap and pure black

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cts? I have no paperwork to prove mate just the words from his mouth seemed a really genuine lad aswell

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's definitely over fuelling I could smell it really strong when I took plugs out, that wouldn't solve the hesitation though would it? It looks fairly new

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
If the CTS fails it will run rich, hot starting will be poor, you'll get a lumpy idle and poor pickup at first - but once you floor it then it will run fine because the engine can use the rich mix on an open throttle.

Unless the sparks are also weak - and then you're stuffed.

Which I why I'd begin with a thorough service. With old dirty plugs and blocked filters you're trying to figure out too many issues at once. Make sure the basics are good and then you can work out any issues.

The CTS is so cheap it's worth replacing with a new one just to make sure. Check the wiring is OK as well - if you put it on opcom you can read the live data to see if the CTS is reading as it should.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts