All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 1998 1.4 corsa sport and im having alot of trouble sorting out a starting problem :( i have replaced the air temp sensor, the coolant temp sensor, cam belt and water pump, fuel filter, spark plugs... anyone tell me what they think please? would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Sorry to ask the obvious - but....

You say you've replaced the cam belt and water pump, did this problem happen only after you did that work? If so, check that the timing set up is spot on. If something moved whilst the belt was off then your valve timing might be out and that will prevent starting.

Also check the crankshaft timing sensor - that's a favourite reason for a non-starter. One obvious clue is lack of sparks at the plugs.

I assume the battery is fully charged and the engine is cranking over as it should. Vauxhall ignition systems are very intolerant of any voltage drop.

When you crank it over have you taken a plug out and checked that there is fuel getting through? After being cranked over the plugs ought to be wet and smell of unburnt petrol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i did all the work after i found the problem out. ive timed it all up pukka, i was there for hours trying to get it right and spot on. but yeah i will check the spark and the fuel, i never thought of that, cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
new possiblitiy? could it be the fuel pump or the injectors because it cant handle going over 4000 revs, also it misfires alot, runs rich sometimes and it also sounds as if it is being starved of fuel sometimes as well. runs like a bag of shit at the moment to be honest :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.