All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question as this is also my first car, I recently got a 1.2 Corsa Sri VVT..

Noticed that when parking light should be active, only the left rear light (white) is lighting up? I've done some searching and some say only one is correct and the right is for fog light?

Just need some confirmation before I take it to a garage. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there what should happen is this, without the car running, with ignition OFF, when you put the indicator switch on left the front side light and the rearlight should come on, on left side, when you put the indicator switch right, the right front side light and red rear light should come on, on right side, you shouldn't have any white lights come on at the back, so to clarify, when you put your indicator switch on left or right, the corresponding front side light and rear light should come on...ok. If they don't work check with sidelight switch on to make sure that all 4 are working proprly...i believe there are 2 relays in the fuse box that control these light, one for left and one for right, and a sidelight fuse...from Fred in Essex.

Quick question as this is also my first car, I recently got a 1.2 Corsa Sri VVT..

Noticed that when parking light should be active, only the left rear light (white) is lighting up? I've done some searching and some say only one is correct and the right is for fog light?

Just need some confirmation before I take it to a garage. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ah right, yes that makes a bit more sense, yes when you put it in reverse with the ign on, one reverse light comes on, on the n/s the other side, the o/s is the fog light on some cars, now mine is different to that, i have 2 reverse lights, my rear lenses are both clear in places, my rear fog lamps are in the rear bumper on mine..Fred.

Hi Fred, thanks for your reply.

I was incorrect by saying parking light, it was the reverse light sorry?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.