All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I really want to upgrade my suspension & make it tougher. As you all know the standard suspension is so spongy. Any recommendations? I want to spend £250 max. Is there anything else apart from springs that will improve the handling. I asked my dad about strut braces & he said they are used to stop the suspension moving in the fitting. :confused:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think the only option to upgrade the suspension is to get it lowered as they are stiffer but if I remember rightly you don't like the look of lowered Corsas. Maybe a suspension setup from a Corsa Sport or GSi would suit you, they are less spongy than the standard Corsa suspensions. They are slightly lower but only about 15-20mm I think. I'd go the full hog and get it lowered, from what I gather it will handle a LOT better and looks better :p

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
30-40mm is nothing, it will suit you perfectly. You can quite easily get a full suspension setup (all that is needed) for well within your budget. And I will 100% guarantee once you have lowered your car, you will not look back.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can understand not liking hugely lowered cars, but having the wheels fill the arches perfectly is pretty much all I'd ask. :) As everyone will tell you and as Lee just said, get a full suspension set up, you COULD get just springs as cheap as £40 but thats a no no in the long run, (and potentially dangerous) you should get uprated shocks too. Sorry if I'm confusing you, it should all come as part of an uprated suspension setup. :)

I think this is something along the lines of what you'd want: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Cors...ryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Think it would fit your car and lowers it 40mm. I don't actually know what that kit is like so don't buy it because I posted the link! Lol. Just an idea of what you should be looking for. :)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Fitting a sports suspension kit is really easy for anyone with a slight bit of mechanical knowledge. Your dad should be able to manage it easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.