All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have heard about buying a new throttle body for my 1.2 8valve corsa. and herd it can up the performance quite well. i am unsure where to get the kit from though. anyone have any ideas???cheers

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Bolting on a larger throttle body wont make any difference, all it will do is bog down due the increase in fuel and air.

Forget all that "it aint worth it" just because its a 1.2 dont mean you shouldnt mod it, look at minis for example. Not everyone wants the hassle of buying and changing to another engine. Not everyone can afford the insurance either.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Heres a better start for you, the 1.2 8v camshafts are pathetic, the lift and duration is terrible. Fit a camshaft from a Nova 1.3 SR or the GSI, GTE and you can see an increase of about 4-5BHP (this is proven by the way, not just internet crap) The next thing i would do is fit a free flowing full exhaust system from the manifold back, decat would be even better but you need the cat to get through the MOT, backbox alone wont do anything. A shielded induction kit or modified airbox would also help throttle reponse and slightly up the power output.

If deathcythe was still around im sure he could help too, with his fuel pressure regulator mods etc etc.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Bolting on a larger throttle body wont make any difference, all it will do is bog down due the increase in fuel and air.

Forget all that "it aint worth it" just because its a 1.2 dont mean you shouldnt mod it, look at minis for example. Not everyone wants the hassle of buying and changing to another engine. Not everyone can afford the insurance either.
Wont tuning an engine make the insurance go up even more though? Also the cost to get decent gains from a 1.2 would cost more than putting in a bigger engine.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh by not by hardly anything, its nothing compared to putting a 1.6 or 2.0 in it.

Wouldnt even need to tell the insurance really, they wont come round measuring cam profiles and throttle body sizes.

As for costs you can pick up camshafts for around a tenner, and second hand systems for about £50, it doesnt have to be expensive.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Yeh by not by hardly anything, its nothing compared to putting a 1.6 or 2.0 in it.

Wouldnt even need to tell the insurance really, they wont come round measuring cam profiles and throttle body sizes.

As for costs you can pick up camshafts for around a tenner, and second hand systems for about £50, it doesnt have to be expensive.
Fair enough, never actually realised the parts could be picked up that cheap.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yep you can pick up second hand parts well cheap, wouldnt bother buying brand new stuff as camshafts are rarely damaged, and stainless systems dont rust!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts