All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any 1 had the same problem as me ?
I havea corsa 1.4 ls and wen i brought her it had skinny lil tires on her i fort no more than to purchase a set of newer corsa sxi wheels on the way back from college this evening ( to put my new wheels on ) the back end of my car slipped right out smashing into a curb ripping the hub of the wheel major pain and its done alot of damage gutted now have to buy anew rear axel sad day Skinny tires or buiscit rims as the breakdown man called them are very dangerouse does any 1 agree

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
nah i dont think you should drive the corsas standard wee mountain bike tyres beyond there limits which isnt much, ive had plenty with tiny tyres running 13s and never had a problem unless i through it into corners where the car clearly hates it

d

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah standard rims and tyres are built for much, especially if you push them too much and not if you smack them sideways into the curb. Standard tyres dont like being thrown into corners.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Normal corsa tyres limits are quite close to normal driving conditions as the car isnt really designed for speed and to be driven hard, i have found that out on a few occasions (yeh they were mainly lift off oversteer too)

Were they Corsa C sxi wheels? think they 7j, wouldnt class them as skinny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts