All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,I've been asked my thoughts of the CORSA VXR,so here goes.

I first got to test drive the CORSA VXR when it arrived at my lovely dealers.The unfortunate thing was that the drive was no where no long enough to make my mind up(should I get one,or not).At the time I was driving a little 1.8 SRi CORSA "C".(lowered,17"IRMY multispokes.Irmy grill,and race brakes/suspension setup.)Why would you want to change I asked myself?

I've been through quite a few VAUXHALLS over the years,and tend to get BORED with the same old car after a period of time.It was time for the motor to be MOT'D,something I have only ever had to do once before(veccy 2.5 v6 GSi).I decided I'd let the next owner get it done,so went for a drive round the dealers forecourts.Now,don't scream too loud,I wanted a CLIO 197.The stupid salesman told me I could have a test drive,but in 4 days time.WTF,I had the decision maker with me(missus).We drove away,and found,to her horror,that we were in the VXL dealers.She spotted the ARDEN BLUE CORSA VXR,and fell in love at first site.hahahahaha,the battle was won.

I've now had the VXR since 1st DECEMBER last year,and absolutely love it.The seats are so comfortable,RECARO'S normally are,full bucket seats with harness holes in the backrest.I've got the 18" diamond cut wheels,which are absolutely wicked to clean.Fuel consumption was a problem at first,well ya gotta drive ya new baby aint ya.lol.current average consumption is 34mpg.

I was invited to BRANDS HATCH for a free track day,and couldn't say no.The only way to TEST a car is to take it ON TRACK.All I can say is WOW.The road holding was superb,very little body roll,and the brakes were excellent.There is slight understeer on turn-in at speed,but that's normal on all VXR's.A slight steering correction sorted that out,with the right rear lifting off the ground around PADDOCK HIL bend at 90mph.Turbo lag is almost non existant.The best bit was the 9.4mpg for the day.LOL.Biggest laugh of the day was a fire marshall coming rushing into the garage to put out the fire,it was actualy the turbo glowing like a cherry.

For everyday use the little VXR cannot be beaten,it's nippy(very),agile,easy to park and economical.The wife drives it now,and she adores it.Wouldn't you,after owning a 1.4 exclusiv.lol

I do find that every time I drive it,I have a grin on my face(the VXR grin).Speaking to other VXR owners,it seems it comes free with the car.lol

A few owners have had their CORSA VXR's tuned,but I'm very happy with my little baby the way it is thankyou.

The one thing that's funny though,is that people still stare at it and say,what's that mate.

All I can say folks is this,if ya get the chance,GO BUY ONE.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i drove my mates the other day and i agree with you they are wicked cars to drive compared to my car anyway aha :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love them like, gorgeous little cars, and very quick. Don't think they handle as well as certain competitors, such as the Fiesta ST etc, but nonetheless I'd still love one :D

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
I second that :thumbs_up: Nothing lives up to the pleasures of driving a B :laugh:
I Do agree with this! i've drove a few different cars. and i've never had more fun than my corsa lol!

Love the VXR! great car you got there mate!!

B.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A little update folks.:laugh:

The ARDEN corsa has GONE.:shocked:

But it's been replaced by a VXRacing corsa vxr instead.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
A little update folks.:laugh:

The ARDEN corsa has GONE.:shocked:

But it's been replaced by a VXRacing corsa vxr instead.:laugh:
What are the differences? is it worth the extra moniess? maybe give us a quick review on it?? :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well,as requested folks.

CORSA D VXRACING EDITION...

What a lovely little motor,the differences between my old ARDEN BLUE car and this are as follows:

FLAME RED paint work(onlycolour available);)
Black mirror casings,wheels,roof spoiler and rear diffuser.
Full leather interior with red stitching to the seats(VXRacing embroidered into front seat h/rests.Red heater/ventilation vent covers.
Engine is a low emissions version(lower tax band).Unfortunately,no exhaust goodies available as yet due to catalytic converter being repositioned by vauxhall).
Suspension.....DAP R springs recently fitted.;)
Fuel consumption....34-38mpg.....so not too bad(not driving like miss daisy either):D

As those of you with FLAME RED cars know,unless you protect the paint it'll go pink,so many hours of tlc have been spent detailing the pocket rocket.

Hope to do a track day with it very soon,so will be able to compare it against my old vxr.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts