All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have just removed my OEM stero from my Corsa 1.2 SRI on a 55 plate and replaced it with a JVC unit... all seemed ok but the stereo wouldnt power up , but had power as the display worked. Removed stereo and all wires , put the old one back in and it works ok !! removed it and tried to start car and it WONT START !
When I turn the ignition there is a clicking noise from the engine. Removed battery leads , lef for 5 mins and tried restarting and its still the same , just clicking from engine!!
The battery seems ok as lights and electrics work ok ??
Anyone had this problem before ?? is it a blown fuse or something ? Advie welcomed
Cameron

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Welcome to All Corsa!

You have posted in the wrong section, moderators dont like that so just read carefully in future mate.

As for this dialema of yours. Sounds like either a blown Fuse or an Immobiliser problem. When you try to turn it over do you get a flashing spanner light on the dash? Or is there any other lights coming on at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback...
1. Do i have to move this thread ? If yes how do I do it ?
2. When I turn the ignition on the dash lights up as usual , the amber car with spanner in middle comes on for about 5 secs then goes off , then when I turn the engine it just clicks !!! Regarding the immobiliser is it electrical ie a fuse or is it mechanical ?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Thanks for the feedback...
1. Do i have to move this thread ? If yes how do I do it ?
2. When I turn the ignition on the dash lights up as usual , the amber car with spanner in middle comes on for about 5 secs then goes off , then when I turn the engine it just clicks !!! Regarding the immobiliser is it electrical ie a fuse or is it mechanical ?

Cheers
I can answer the first one:
you can't, you've admitted you didn't know, so lee (the mod) will move it when he gets round to it so don't worry :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again,
Been out and checked all the fuses , none are visibly blown ?!?! , reconnected battery and the engine only produces a clicking noise when turning over, and thers plenty juice in the battery.

PS Son now tells me he tried plugging in hos new stereo whilst the battery was still connected, could thois pinpoit part of the problem ?

Also do these cars have an Electronic management system or anything that needs resetting when the battery has been removed for a while?

Really baffeled as it sounds like a sticky starting motor to me ! but im not theworlds best mechanic !

·
Registered
389 Posts
are you sure the starter motor has not decided to pack up at the same time try bump starting it and go from there if it fires up on the bump then the starter is stuffed

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Sounds to me either like a sticking starter motor - as suggested above, so a bump start might do the trick.

Or - it's not unknown for batteries to light everything up and look OK but to have just dropped enough charge to fail to turn the starter motor over. The clikcing noise sounds like the classic sign the solenoid failing to engage due to low battery charge.

Try either jump leads, or give the battery a charge and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, fixed the problem as the last thread states the battery didnt have enough power to fire the starter so charged it overnight and it starts ok now!!!
Onto problem No2 though !?!?!

Refitted the JVC Stereo/CD player , got the ISO plugs etc from Halfords and put it together and it wont work. At the same time the Time/Temp dispaly (Infotainment system disply) has gone off... it seems as though theres no powe coming through to the stereo system wires. Ive checked every fuse in the fuse box and none seem to be blown. I also switched the 5amp fuses for the infotainment syatem with others ie the tail lights and they work ok , but stil no power to the infotainment syatem display & the JVC stereo !!!

Anyone got any adice on this little problem ??

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
sure youve got all of the wiring right? since jvc use the colour for the battery that vauxhall do for the ground i think? ive got a piece of paper with it all on at home because i have to do mine at the weekend since the guy before me made a right mess of it. ill write it up later just incase

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys, fixed the problem as the last thread states the battery didnt have enough power to fire the starter so charged it overnight and it starts ok now!!!
Onto problem No2 though !?!?!

Refitted the JVC Stereo/CD player , got the ISO plugs etc from Halfords and put it together and it wont work. At the same time the Time/Temp dispaly (Infotainment system disply) has gone off... it seems as though theres no powe coming through to the stereo system wires. Ive checked every fuse in the fuse box and none seem to be blown. I also switched the 5amp fuses for the infotainment syatem with others ie the tail lights and they work ok , but stil no power to the infotainment syatem display & the JVC stereo !!!

Anyone got any adice on this little problem ??

Cheers
Hi there, ive seen your thread, just wondering if you sorted your problem out, ive had the same problem with my corsa c 2006 1.3 cdti, changed the radio connected to the live in the cig socket in the end, wires behind the head unit don't want to power my radio up, now my car won't start and just hear clickiny from tge relay and a ticking noise from near the drivers side in engine bay. Ive looked everywhere and cannot find a solution so wanted to know if you had sorted yours out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts