All Corsa Forum banner

Corsa wont start after changing stereo

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Clare 2912 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have just removed my OEM stero from my Corsa 1.2 SRI on a 55 plate and replaced it with a JVC unit... all seemed ok but the stereo wouldnt power up , but had power as the display worked. Removed stereo and all wires , put the old one back in and it works ok !! removed it and tried to start car and it WONT START !
When I turn the ignition there is a clicking noise from the engine. Removed battery leads , lef for 5 mins and tried restarting and its still the same , just clicking from engine!!
The battery seems ok as lights and electrics work ok ??
Anyone had this problem before ?? is it a blown fuse or something ? Advie welcomed
Cameron

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback...
1. Do i have to move this thread ? If yes how do I do it ?
2. When I turn the ignition on the dash lights up as usual , the amber car with spanner in middle comes on for about 5 secs then goes off , then when I turn the engine it just clicks !!! Regarding the immobiliser is it electrical ie a fuse or is it mechanical ?

Cheers

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks again,
Been out and checked all the fuses , none are visibly blown ?!?! , reconnected battery and the engine only produces a clicking noise when turning over, and thers plenty juice in the battery.

PS Son now tells me he tried plugging in hos new stereo whilst the battery was still connected, could thois pinpoit part of the problem ?

Also do these cars have an Electronic management system or anything that needs resetting when the battery has been removed for a while?

Really baffeled as it sounds like a sticky starting motor to me ! but im not theworlds best mechanic !

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, fixed the problem as the last thread states the battery didnt have enough power to fire the starter so charged it overnight and it starts ok now!!!
Onto problem No2 though !?!?!

Refitted the JVC Stereo/CD player , got the ISO plugs etc from Halfords and put it together and it wont work. At the same time the Time/Temp dispaly (Infotainment system disply) has gone off... it seems as though theres no powe coming through to the stereo system wires. Ive checked every fuse in the fuse box and none seem to be blown. I also switched the 5amp fuses for the infotainment syatem with others ie the tail lights and they work ok , but stil no power to the infotainment syatem display & the JVC stereo !!!

Anyone got any adice on this little problem ??

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.