·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That's a shame. Why are you selling?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's gotta go because, milleage (97k) and I want power steering cos my arm hurts :D , my next car will defo b a corsa :) but with PAS and lower milleage , I've had three corsa's so far and unfortunatly one ford . next car thinking about getting a corsa breeze 3dr 1.4i met blue.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Try a 1.4 sport. Can't go wrong. All electrics and fancy bits, plus a bit of performance chucked in.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I thought 1.4's were exactly the same performance as a 1.2 - Just better fuel economy? The electric gadgets in 1.4's are nice though :) Far better than the Merit stuff!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No the 1.4 sports are quite nippy, definately not the same as a 1.2.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1.4 16v's are the best :D , even the GLS is just as good as the sport, same engine just cheaper to insure :) (just thought I'd say that :D ) that's what I really want, I'm not too keen on the 8v's but is it true that they are more reliable than the 16v's :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The cars as reliable as you make it. If it isn't well maintained and serviced problems are bound to arise.
Get one with fsh and lowish milage you'll be fine.
The bonus with the corsa sport is that the interior is miles better.

·
Registered
393 Posts
only time mine went wrong is when i abused it, tried a water-injection system and it blew the head gasket on no.4 (dizzy end), otherwise the engine has been 100% reliable since i rebuilt it 2 years ago.

·
Registered
497 Posts
1.4 16v's are the best :D , even the GLS is just as good as the sport, same engine just cheaper to insure :) (just thought I'd say that :D )
That is true, but with the sports you get a better suspension set up and they handle better, after driving my 1.2 for a year, my 1.6 sport felt like it would go round corners at any speed and didnt seem to have any bodyroll, of course I got used to it pretty quick and now it doesn't seem as impressive lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It's gotta go because, milleage (97k) and I want power steering cos my arm hurts :D
Whats wrong with you man!!! i have no power steering, a tiny steering wheel 300mm in diameter, and was riding on 17's i dont have much trouble, only when parking, and im not exactly built like arnie either! be a man lol :p

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Dont get me started on 1.2 handling, it is shocking, suspension is far too soft, body roll is ridiculous, i really not fond of it feels like jelly knowing me im going to roll it, even when not pushing it lol it will be the death of me.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Whats wrong with you man!!! i have no power steering, a tiny steering wheel 300mm in diameter, and was riding on 17's i dont have much trouble, only when parking, and im not exactly built like arnie either! be a man lol :p
same here clutch, and if girly arms can handle 17's and no power steering
any real man should be able to too :p

would be nice though

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dont get me started on 1.2 handling, it is shocking, suspension is far too soft, body roll is ridiculous, i really not fond of it feels like jelly knowing me im going to roll it, even when not pushing it lol it will be the death of me.
Lmao, very true there was a lot of bodyroll, would be nice to have a car with almost no bodyroll

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
exactly, are you man or mouse? i will have to personally come and slap you now, :driver: lol

yeah would be nice, but then you sacrfice a comfortable ride, bit of a compromise really, although mine really takes the pi.ss im sure vauxhall could have stiffened it up a bit without any loss, throws me everywhere lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts