All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right got a few problems, wondering if anyone could shed a few possibilities for them, any help is appreciated, cheers.

1- when going over a speed bump, or turning a sharp corner, both while still accelerating, i feel a short cutout of acceleration, sort of a jerk. not sure why this is happening, checked oil levels etc, all looking fine.

2- getting a sort of high pitched sound coming from the engine when hitting higher revs, hard sound to explain, but it seems to stop after the car has been running for a good while. thinking drilling the airbox may be in order to sort it.

any ideas would be great, cheers.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
the jerk over speedhumps is a normal thing IMO, mine used to do it over them before it was too low to go over speedhumps.

and as for the whistling, check your air intake pipe doesnt have a split or anythign in it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Whistling may also be your alternator belt Josh.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whistling may also be your alternator belt Josh.
nah i know the sound of the alternater belt whistling. its not loud like that, it makes the car sound sort of electric, as i said hard to explain, cheers anyway guys, il check my air filter.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I may have to take a look for you Josh.
Have a word with Laura and arrange a time that's ok for you and I'll come round with her and have a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts