All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

About 4 months ago I needed a crankshaft sensor as the car wouldnt start when hot and would also stall so I got a genuine bosch crankshaft sensor installed, problem solved.
Fast forward to the last few days, the car wouldnt start at all when cold or wouldnt jump start, i ran a diagnostic test which gave the code p0335 No engine rpm signal present, the mechanic that installed the part did not believe the crankshaft sensor was the problem instead thought it was the wiring from the sensor. I got my brother who is a mechanic to remove the sensor and he did a voltmeter test on it which showed no power at all from it. I was able to get a new bosch sensor from the vauxhall garage free of charge installed it started straight of way.
My question is can a new sensor become faulty so quick or is there something else that cause it to go?. Also the problem started during the freezing weather we been having recently if that can cause it not sure, i also brought a new battery too as the one in the car wasnt holding the charge and it was 10years old.

corsa b 2000 x12xe 1.2 16v

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Tauras is 100% right, i had the same problem, put a new sensor in and a week later it was faulty and had to another one in.

Strange about the mechanic thinking it was the wirring, the RAC guy that came out to me said he thought it was the wirring, played about with it for a bit said he had fixed it and sent me on my way only for it to break again 2 miles down the road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts