All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I ended up smashing through a fence at 30mph and stopping in a ditch courtesy of ice on a roundabout and my beloved corsa b is quite hurt. I am looking at repairing myself since ALL the damage was cosmetic and i just need body replacements. I really need help here, so ideally I am looking for:

front bumper
drivers side wing
drivers side splashguard
drivers side door (3 door)
possibly a drivers side rear quarter panel

all the parts would ideally be in vauxhall satin red (maroon) to avoid respray costs/and/or my car looking crap
anyone who knows where I could get these parts, I would be indebted to you, help save another corsa from the breakers yard

regards

Jack K

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Rear 1/4 is not a DIY job.

Look on eBay for parts probably easiest

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so rear 1/4 is a kick it back out job and all the local scraps and breakers have corsa b's but in very different colours and I am trying to avoid resprays, also the front reinforcement is completely untouched due to the whole impact being on the side and the bumper only coming off due the deformation

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Search "Corsa b red" on eBay. Few are being broke for
Parts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
buy another corsa and swap any mods over and scrap the dead one?
Corsas are funny cars, you always tend to love and fix your own when you put the effort into it. Not the same when you swap stuff over IMO.

I have Arden Blue panels and other bits, even then if you did want a respray it would not really match as one bit would be nice and glossy and the other parts would be in normal condition.

Just wait and source the panels from a scrap car on eBay or somewhere, you might have to wait if there is nothing and keep ringing about but its probs best option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
parts in somerset

hi ,ive just joined up on here last night ,im also in somerset ,ive a wing here i can paint up for you cheap ,im always looking round the local breakers so usually see what new comes in if you need any parts to repair

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, to everyone that replied I want to say thank you. I finally managed to locate correctly coloured parts. I have spent the last week fixing my car and today I got my tracking done. My front right wheel was out by 28.5mm which is the worst they had ever seen but.... It's back on the road! I have driven it today and it is back to how it used to be, I just need to transfer the electronics over from the old door but at least it's back on the road. Never let your corsa go to the scrap without a fight, they reward you for the effort.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
will post pictures when i am on my computer, believe it or not, the chassis and all mechanics were completely untouched, i got extremely lucky, the fence gave way so easily that it was all cosmetic body damage which has taken me ages to find the correct coloured parts for. I dont think i will ever get this lucky again so a warning to all, ice is pretty lethal and you never expect to have your back end slip out. still have a lot of work to do but the car is safely back on the road.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.