All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone got any magic tips to cure creaky cluch cables on these corsa's. I have been out today, took off the cluctch cable dripped all oil down the inside of the cable it was all moving lovely and freely then I sprayed wd40 on the clutch pedal pivots and springs put it all back and the clutch pedal still creaks when pressing down - how on earth is a person to cure it and make it silent I am wondering? - cheers for any advice :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to a bike shop and buy some spray lube with teflon in it. Use that on the clutch pivot. Or try a small amount of grease. WD40 tends to drive out the lubricant rather than stick in where it's needed.
oh right will do, might have to get some from halfords though - they should do it. so you reckon it could be pivot making creaking noise rather than cable?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you seem to have a awful lot wrong with this car?
yeah quite a few bits to tackle - but I got the car for only 700 Euro when other 1998/ 1999/ 2000 corsa's where going for over a thousand Euro and didnt look/sound much better so I considered I got a bargain. Its fine to drive and a good little run-around and I have to decide do I spend loads on it to repair all the things or do I just use it as is as a run-around for small trips around town. I dont mind doing a lot of the jobs myself if I have the right tools and if it comes to it I might even have a bash at changing the head gasket myself if needed.

Other things like creaky clutch is just a bit irritating can live with it but it would just be nice if a bit of spray will quieten it. only spent 40quid so far on it for oil change which i done myself and a bit of welding on the exhaust that a garage done for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm are cars quite expensive over there then, i payed 450 for mine
yeah I have lived in Ireland for 20 years they have always been more expensive new ones and old second-hand ones. 450 would get you maybe a high mileage 97 corsa maybe with no NCT/MOT over hear and more than likely a rust bucket. thats another thing i used to like about the UK if you were ever looking for an ok runaround car you could pick em up dirt cheap.

NCT (MOT) is dear over here as well 50 euro for NCT and 28 euro for re-test. I used to get my cars MOT'd in UK for only a tenner.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
thats crazy, cars are so expensive yet parts are pretty cheap, (nearly bought some irmscher twinspokes off a guy in ireland and he said they were well cheap over there) my car only had a few little rust spots that needed sorting and the headgasget was gone but my dad fixed that, 99 14 sport

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got someone to sit inside and press down the clutch pedal whilst I listened at the engine end and it sounds like the creak is coming from the clutch lever arm area where it goes into the box, the creaking sound must be travelling down the cable into the car.

I tried spraying some maintenance spray where the arm pivot goes into the bell housing but made no difference. maybe the clutch splines are creaky, I wont be changing that yet though cause the car feels like its working OK apart from the creak sound and of course the normal release bearing sound you get when you let up the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
thats crazy, cars are so expensive yet parts are pretty cheap, (nearly bought some irmscher twinspokes off a guy in ireland and he said they were well cheap over there) my car only had a few little rust spots that needed sorting and the headgasget was gone but my dad fixed that, 99 14 sport
yours has crazy high milage though dont it thats why it was 450quid??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts