All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there my name is kieran and i own a 53 corsa 1.8 sri,first of all i noticed in the reciepts that i got with the car that it had a clutch and brake pedal box a year ago so i investigated,i noticed that were the brake pedal is there is a switch im guessing for the brake light yhe switch didnt look secure when i took the switch out there was a litlle catch catch broken so the switch could never be fully in place could this be the problem the only thing is my brake lights still work even though it is not in properly..... thank you

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Hi there my name is kieran and i own a 53 corsa 1.8 sri,first of all i noticed in the reciepts that i got with the car that it had a clutch and brake pedal box a year ago so i investigated,i noticed that were the brake pedal is there is a switch im guessing for the brake light yhe switch didnt look secure when i took the switch out there was a litlle catch catch broken so the switch could never be fully in place could this be the problem the only thing is my brake lights still work even though it is not in properly..... thank you
Ok so are you asking about your cruise control? If so, I had the same problem where the cruise control wouldn't work on my 1.8. The Vauxhall dealer firstly checked my ECU for any fault codes and then couldn't find any so they reset it. This didn't work. Next they replaced the cruise control stalk. This didn't solve the issue. It turned out my ECU was at fault for a completely different issue... when that was replaced it has been working fine ever since. So your cruise control not working could be anything. Best bet would be to start with the cheapest solutions first. Get your ECU checked for any fault codes. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Iirc the cruise control has a switch on the brake pedal and one on the clutch so it turns off of you brake/declutch.

If there's a sensor problem on the brake pedal but the brake lights are fine then I think that could be the cruise control sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts