All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know ive said that i was hanging up my boots with modifying my car bt i was just wondering as its a 1.2 16v and not mega fast is there anything i could do to make it faster without doing a conversion and spending aload of cash? I.E maybe i decent induction kit and An E.C.U Remap? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
801 Posts
ECU Remap isn't worth it at all.

To be honest mate, be happy with what you've got, don't go spending cash on things such as Max-Flower Induction Kits for +23millions BHP. Save cash, progress up through the insurance brackets, by that time you will have enough to sucessfully insure a faster car and pay for it.

Hope this helps - Just mu opinion.

~ stu

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
is there anything i could do to make it faster without doing a conversion and spending aload of cash?
No not for little cash.

I.E maybe i decent induction kit and An E.C.U Remap? :rolleyes:
Induction kits dont make any noticeable difference to performance and re-maps are expensive and pointless on such a small engine.

Do what stu said and save your cash.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just wondering - I had my corsa for 3 years before looking into something faster, and I can only just afford the insurance now.

Be happy with your corsa and look into more power in the future :)

All the best!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yeh but stu your starlet is so much on insurane cos its a grp19 import isnt it?
paggy why dont you see about geting the 1.4 \ 1.8 sri conversion?

·
Registered
801 Posts
coz i cant affoed the insurance on a sri conversion :(
I put a 1.6 into my Corsa, it cost me a grand total of about £200, if that. Fair enough I had the mechanic to help me fit it but it wasn't really that expensive.

As I say mate (not to sound like a c**t here) but stick with the 1.2 untill you can afford to insure and buy a bigger, more powerfull motor. :thumbs_up:

As for insurance, yes mine was stupid price but I could have insured it for about £300 as a UK Starlet, but that obviously makes my insurance invalid and I don't fancy picking up the soap in prison. :D
Keeping your 1.2 aswell, you can build your no-claims up which also reduce your insurance.

Sorry Im not trying to sound like a party pooper or anything, just expressing my opinion!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah its ok mate thats my plan i just dont understand why people dont declare there mods because if you have an accident your boned! :confused:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Its their car, their insurance. It just pisses everyone else off because it puts young drivers insurance policies up when they have an accident!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not thought of a 1.4 or 1.6 sport engine implant?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts