All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says....anyone had any made? from "coilspring.co.uk/com" not sure which it is...

looking for some 80mm springs made for mine but want to find out abit about them first..

good or not?
are they actually what you ask for.....not lower or higher?
price?

cheers :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
because i hace spax coilovers, the fronts fine i can lower that 80mm but the rear is 60mm fixed and aint low enough....so want some 80mm springs made!!

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
nope, there are companies that do adjustable rear springs that go between 100 and 60. They use a plate that screws up and down under each of the rear springs.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
why not spend some proper money on proper coilovers, avo coilovers are adjustable to 120mm front and rear cause there proper coilovers non of the random shocker and spring crap on the back :)

d

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
because i dont want to spend loads on a set, when i brought a 2nd set of spax rsx coilovers (front 40-80 and rear 60mm fixed) for no where near the rrp price and they were only around a month old and in veryyy good conditon.

end of the day why aint spax coilovers...."proper" coilovers?

·
Registered
731 Posts
also, with proper rear coilover unit's you need to strenghen rear shocker mount point on beam, and also strenghen the turrets - unless the car is stripped out

·
Registered
476 Posts
bonus boy let me no if you get some of these 80mm rear springs and price cos i want some 2!! i have the same problem as you, i have coilovers but just not low enough on the rear

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yer will let you know...

ste did you have a problem with the top mounts on the rear with the spax rsx, im getting a slight tapping noise coming from the rear since ive fitted them, heard quite a few people have had this problem with the spax rsx (not problem, but just rattling when it shouldnt be).

It aint the exhaust before someone says, its defo somthing to do with the rear suspension, and pretty sure its the top mounts of the dampers!

anyone help?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
id have thought anyone who had any mods to there suspension would strenthen the turrets as the corsas are known for putting uprated shockers right through the rear turrets

d

·
Registered
731 Posts
well mine are fine? how hard have you got them set?
very hard :laugh:

id have thought anyone who had any mods to there suspension would strenthen the turrets as the corsas are known for putting uprated shockers right through the rear turrets

d
no, as the spring does all the work, and they is on the chassis leg so is strong enough...

only if you have proper coilover's on the back do you need to strenghen it, as the beam & turret take's all the forces and it isn't designed to..
it's not too bad if you have a stripped out track car, but if it's got full interior and you carry passenger's then it defo need's strengthening

1 - 20 of 21 Posts