All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My W reg 1.0L Corsa B (X10XE) 60k miles is stalling on me after about 10 minutes of driving, and will not restart.

OPCOM is giving a fault code of "P0335 - ( 0 ) - No Engine RPM Signal" following a stall.

About three weeks ago I added half a bottle of Redex to a full tank of fuel for the first time (have owned the car for 14 years), and am concerned years of sediment and junk has now been lifted and thrown into the fuel filter. The problem started after doing about 100 miles of driving in the car.

A mobile mechanic has also discovered white cream on top of the oil (dipstick is however clean), and a slight leak from the oil temperature sensor. Emissions have also been up a little from the exhaust for the last six months or so, and I found the coolant reservoir was almost empty last week (have now topped this up).

Mechanic thinks the fuel line is fine (though not sure what checks they have done on it), and instead think the crankshaft sensor and oil temperature sensor need replacing - I'm told these are cheap parts and very quick to fit, so cost should be low.

Given the above, this means I have three questions:

1) I imagine the professional mechanic is a better judge of these things than me, and replacing a fuel filter requires depressurising the fuel system which I don't feel able to do. Does anyone have any concerns with the mechanic's conclusion?

2) How best can I get the car to a garage? Mobile mechanic says he can't replace the crankshaft and oil temperature sensor at the roadside. I needed the breakdown man to get me home when I first broke down, so breakdown won't take me to a garage without a massive charge.

3) My dad suggested trying some cylinder head gasket sealant (about £40 from Halfords) - could cylinder head explain the issue I am getting and does this sealant work?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It sounds like the Crank sensor to me, i would change that, its a not a bad job, just one bolt and connector, somewhere near the starter motor....i think below it....i think they get hot and fail...a good test is look at the rev counter when you crank it, if it flickers or goes up a bit its a good sign its working, if it doesn't move at all its prob failed...you dont always get a code with them....from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ok well just coincidence i would think, i would suspect either the crank sensor or the fuel pump, could be either...i wouldn't think redex would mess the fuel pump up, but is would circulate through it.....you have to think which is the most likely and which is the cheapest, i think i would change crank sensor first....if that doesn't cure it try a fuel pump....

There are some tests you can do, like when it wont start check to see you have a spark at the plugs, or squirt a drop of easy start in the air intake see if reacts to that, that would tell you if it was fuel or spark.....from Fred in Essex.

Thank you for reply - unfortunately no rev counter on this car, but will give crankshaft sensor replacement a try.

Any idea why this would happen 3 weeks after adding Redex for first time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.