All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all 1.6 16v cylinder heads the same, why i ask is , ive been given a corsa sri but its a 1.6 16v when i thought they was 1.4 16 v. it has a private plate on but told its a r or s reg, i havent collected it yet to find out for sure but the main thing is that the cam belt snaped and i got hold of a gsi engine 1.6 16v , do u think the heads will be the same

greatfull for any help

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If it's on an R or S reg then it will more likely be a Sport. The SRi's were only 1.4 and came in both 8v and 16v forms but were pre 1997.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a dodgy car i swear , ill have a look at the log book when i collect it,but it is on a p plate at the moment and has sri badges on the doors,
possable engine change i think

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If it's on a P plate it's quite possible that it is an SRi. But it won't be a 1.6, unless it's had the engine changed as you say.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
looks like its had a conversion, tell tell signs of an sri are the badges on the side, 3 spoke alloys, post 97 bumpers.

Are you sure its a 1.6 16v btw, because they do look similar to the 1.4 16v engines

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like its had a conversion, tell tell signs of an sri are the badges on the side, 3 spoke alloys, post 97 bumpers.

Are you sure its a 1.6 16v btw, because they do look similar to the 1.4 16v engines
its what he has told me,i looked at the car ages ago cuz i was gonna buy but didnt, what ever engine it is ill change it as i got a gsi one with loom £40:)

cars free so ill fix it and sell it one once ive got the proper plates on it for the year and a 12 months ticket
cud do with the funds to finish my 2ltr conversion in mine lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You should get a decent return for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi guy thanks for al the replys and info , i still ent collect the corsa yet but will be on saturday so ill tell u the out come

1 - 8 of 8 Posts