All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My emission warning light is on. (small engine symbol). :(
The car is a 2002 year Corsa (Barina here in Oz) with the Z14XE motor.

Using the fault codes test found here on this site, I read it as 0302, which is being explained as "Cylinder 2 Misfire detected B-22"
Ok now in simple english........what does that mean?
Is it serious?
What to do next?
Suggestions?

·
Banned
140 Posts
change No 2 plug with No 3 and see if the fault moves to No 3 cly if it does = faulty plug
If fault stays with No 2 cly do the same with plug lead if it stays with No 2 cyl do a compression test

·
Registered
131 Posts
As said your engine has a misfire on No 2 cyl,which will bring up an emission light.Now you must find the reason why.The first easy step would do a check on the spark plugs and coil pack.You could try and swap the plugs to different cyl to see if it transfers the fault.If that comes up negative,check the coil pack,after that an injector test,and then on to a compression test.Just go through the most obvious simple things first.But removing the plugs to examine should give you a clue.You may be lucky and find it's just a duff plug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a service today and asked the mechanic to change the spark plugs.

So far so good.

Lets see what happens over the coming days.

(I remember the original coil pack was changed at 80,000klms for the same fault.
Now the cars done 180,000......perhaps thats the life expectancy of these things?
Anyway spark plugs done......hopefully that was it.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.