All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Corsa hasn't been behaving recently, so I decided it was time to stop pouring money into it. Will probably be splitting it since it still isn't running right. Feel free to PM me if you want anything, but please don't clutter this thread with vultures waiting to pick it apart before it's even cold!

Always wanted one of these since Gran Turismo 2!
1997 Toyota MR2 Rev4 GT :D

Quite high mileage, but plenty of history and seems to have been looked after well.

Thoughts so far:
Flap up headlights = instant cool
All you can see in the rear view mirror is spolier :D
The indicators on the wrong side, but I already prefer it that way
The interior is a really nice place to be.
I know theres a comfy setup for the drivers seat somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
The gearbox/diff is making an awful whine :shocked:
It's in desperate need of a clean!

More later, I'm off for a drive :D

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Quite high mileage, but plenty of history and seems to have been looked after well.
Whats the mileage?? They last forever, honestly 150k is average, lol. Also, Rev4 means you have an EGR valve (i think) if you do they are about as much of a pain in the arse as they are on corsas, lol. Common fault.

Flap up headlights = instant cool
Yes! Sleepy eye kit??

All you can see in the rear view mirror is spolier :D
Haha, yes again. Google the Rev5 Turbo spoiler, I really want one, and its about 3000 times more obsctructive.

The indicators on the wrong side, but I already prefer it that way
Many times I put the wipers on when I got mine, annoying at first, but being on that side is more comfy when its that hand that usually rests on the wheel there anyway..

The interior is a really nice place to be.
Yes it is, what interior do you have? As it's a GT I'd assume full leather? But some are different.

I know theres a comfy setup for the drivers seat somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
Mines really far back, and leaning back too, but I have awful posture anyway so I wouldnt follow that, lol.

The gearbox/diff is making an awful whine :shocked:
So does mine, a fair whine in 1st and 2nd... I did a gearbox oil change and put an additive into it, helped a little, but at the end of the day its been spinning rather fast for 150,000 miles, can't blame it. Boxes go before engines do.

It's in desperate need of a clean!
Get to it then!

Planned mods?? Nice colour choice btw, haha.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats the mileage?? They last forever, honestly 150k is average, lol. Also, Rev4 means you have an EGR valve (i think) if you do they are about as much of a pain in the arse as they are on corsas, lol. Common fault.

Just hit 126k
Damn :( It idles slightly rough tbh, could this be the issue?

Yes! Sleepy eye kit??

Maybe, they do look awesome

Haha, yes again. Google the Rev5 Turbo spoiler, I really want one, and its about 3000 times more obsctructive.

I'm not a fan tbh, they're a bit Max Power, although I suppose this is a car where that's allowed!

Many times I put the wipers on when I got mine, annoying at first, but being on that side is more comfy when its that hand that usually rests on the wheel there anyway..

I drive a van every day with them on the other side, could see this being an issue :laugh:
Definately makes more sense than the european left hand drive way.

Yes it is, what interior do you have? As it's a GT I'd assume full leather? But some are different.

Nope, cloth unfortunately, only the T-bar got leather. It's something I plan to change though.

Mines really far back, and leaning back too, but I have awful posture anyway so I wouldnt follow that, lol.

So does mine, a fair whine in 1st and 2nd... I did a gearbox oil change and put an additive into it, helped a little, but at the end of the day its been spinning rather fast for 150,000 miles, can't blame it. Boxes go before engines do.

Get to it then!

Planned mods?? Nice colour choice btw, haha.
Not really got many plans tbh other than tidy it up a bit and enjoy it. I'm sure that won't last long though!
It is a nice colour, it's not black though! Rare colour apparently, Goodwood Green.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Needs a turbo. Nice car though I'll definately be returning to an MR2 in the future

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very nice start. Even with small faults the mr2 is an awesome model. Love the sleepy eyes as well.

Would be awesome slammed with some deep dish rims lol total jap style

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Mmmmm wide...

Danny, 126k isnt high tbh, I wouldnt be worried about that, mine is on 152k and gets death every day. When you say rough idle? How rough? Mine is slightly high, but it seems to just want to be there, nothign i can do or have done changes it, and its steady, and auto choke still works fine, so I'm not going to fiddle that much.

Sign up on mr2oc if you need any help, they have the social skills of a bunch of 55 year olds (because they are a bunch of 55 year olds) but luckily they know an awful lot about mr2's, lol. Also I've seen 3 or 4 leather interiors go on there in the last 6 or so months, so could be a good place to get poaching.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had the back out yet? :p
Nah, being sensible till I'm used to it!

Danny, 126k isnt high tbh, I wouldnt be worried about that, mine is on 152k and gets death every day. When you say rough idle? How rough? Mine is slightly high, but it seems to just want to be there, nothign i can do or have done changes it, and its steady, and auto choke still works fine, so I'm not going to fiddle that much.
Also I've seen 3 or 4 leather interiors go on there in the last 6 or so months, so could be a good place to get poaching.
Yeah I know, I'm not. I'd just never dream of buying a Corsa or anything on that mileage. This feels spot on though.
The rough idles gone now. Guessing it might just be cos it's been sat a while.
Saw a half leather with alacantra centres set on ebay, looked awesome. Not sure if they're OEM though.

Just watch out for people pulling out in front of you and wet roundabouts....
:laugh: I will.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts