All Corsa Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts
Sorry i binned the one i had on my mr2 about 2 weeks ago lol! was taking space in my garage!

Discussion starter · #105 ·

Standard induction pipe is full of resonators.
The air goes through a huge intake box, then into the filter box then down the induction pipe with 3 resonators on it :/ seems a bit OTT.

For some reason it now sounds like a VTEC :confused:
Noticeable sudden increase in noise and change in tone at 5750rpm.

It's called ACIS and yeh it does become much MUCH more pronounced with a filter on, I love it. It opens at around 5,500 ish so that's definitely what you're hearing. My note change is drowned out by exhaust now but when I had the mongoose exhaust on it was great hearing it changed at high revs.

It closes 4 butterfly flaps in the inlet tract at high rpm to seal off a resonator, making each cylinder have its own dedicated inlet tract in the manifold, keeps torque figures up at the high rpm numbers. Works well.

Dave.

Discussion starter · #108 ·
Well I found out today that even though the brakes on this are great, web they get hot they stop working altogether :shocked:

Also nearly died when some bellend in a BMW who was doing 40 in a 60 tried to ram me off the road.
As I was overtaking him he for some reason started drifting into the middle of the road :Confused: I ended up overtaking him with 2 wheels off road!

Discussion starter · #110 ·
The disks and pads look pretty new. Think I've got a receipt from Toyota 2-3 years ago, and its hardly been used in that time; around 8k miles.
I'm thinking its probably fluid.

Discussion starter · #112 ·
Got a £600 tax rebate and need tyres....
Soooo

£350 for brand new T1Rs and get them refurbed, or secondhand aftermarket wheels?
The refurb is looking like it might be more expensive than I thought, but I do like the standard look of it.
Any colour suggestions? I'm thinking just silver, but a good photoshop may persuade me.

Got a £600 tax rebate and need tyres....
Soooo

£350 for brand new T1Rs and get them refurbed, or secondhand aftermarket wheels?
The refurb is looking like it might be more expensive than I thought, but I do like the standard look of it.
Any colour suggestions? I'm thinking just silver, but a good photoshop may persuade me.
Where did you get new T1R's from in the correct sizes for the standard wheels? Toyo don't make them anymore :S

Not sure why you keep saying this... It's just cams kill that don't stock ANY toyo's anymore

101 - 118 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.