All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Got a bit of a problem with my missus' Corsa C (2000 X). The other day, she said it "died" as soon as she started it, engine cut out. She turned it back on again and it was fine, but the back dash lights (the ones that come on with the headlights) now don't come on, meaning she can't see the speedo in the dark.

At first I thought it was a fuse, but the main fuses control more than one thing (MFD, interior lights etc.), but the fuses I took out looked to be ok and everything else is working. The red lights when you first turn the key, headlights, indicators, CD player, MFD, speedo and everything else are all working, which leads me to believe it's probably not the common dash connector issue.

There's another weird point, not sure if this is related or not but I have a feeling it is. The horn and and hazards only work when the ignition is on now. I don't know about the horn, but the hazards definitely used to work when the ignition was off (isn't that a requirement?).

Anyway, has anyone experienced this? I'm going to take the dash apart this weekend and inspect and replace the bulbs and replace some of the fuses, but I can't help thinking there's something else wrong here. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Issue Resolved

Ok, for anyone reaching this from Google etc., it turned out to be a blown fuse. The heater lights no longer work so assuming one of those blew, and in the process blew fuse number 1 in the box, which is a 7.5 Amp. This took out the C/L, hazard direct link to the battery (although it still worked on ignition) and the instrument panel lighting. The manual listed this fuse as "central control unit" which is why it threw me; that sounds like a lot more should have stopped working than actually did. I haven't replaced the heater bulb(s) yet but at least the speedo is now visible in the dark!

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.