All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this may seem to be a daft question but Im unsure about whether these few things are supposed to occur on my corsa D (57 plate).

Basically, my dashboard lights are still 'lit' whilst the ignition is off and in addition, I am able to turn the radio on whilst the car ignition is off. The reason I am concerned is because I have recently got my battery changed and I felt that this may have been the problem but I'm not 100% sure. Is this supposed to happen or is there a fault somewhere?

Sorry again if this seems to be a load of nonsense, just need se clarity on the situation.

Thanks.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

The radio is intended to work without the ignition being 'on', this is so that you can listen to it whilst stationary - I understand (but have never tested it) that it will 'time out' after one hour if the ignition is 'off'.

When you say 'dashboard lights', are you sure that this is not from the courtesy lights ? (which stay on for a while when the door has been opened.)

Regards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum.

The radio is intended to work without the ignition being 'on', this is so that you can listen to it whilst stationary - I understand (but have never tested it) that it will 'time out' after one hour if the ignition is 'off'.

When you say 'dashboard lights', are you sure that this is not from the courtesy lights ? (which stay on for a while when the door has been opened.)

Regards.
Thanks for the prompt reply! The dashboard lights are lit when the doors are open but even before opening a door - they're still lit. I've noticed when I put my key back into the ignition (without turning it). It sorts the problem out but surely I shouldn't have to do this every time?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, i mean if you turn the car off and leave the key as it is does it stay on but if you take key out it goes off?
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No it's actually the reverse. If I turn the ignition off but leave the key in - the dashboard light will turn off but when I take the key out, it will turn back on...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.