All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any easy way to access the ventilation that is found at the top of the dashboard, just in front of the windscreen (the slits)? I'm trying to trace a rather nauseating smell in my 1998 Corsa and it does seem to be worse when the ventilation knob is set to expell from those upper (windscreen demisting) slits. Am I looking at a complete removal of the dashboard?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is there any easy way to access the ventilation that is found at the top of the dashboard, just in front of the windscreen (the slits)? I'm trying to trace a rather nauseating smell in my 1998 Corsa and it does seem to be worse when the ventilation knob is set to expell from those upper (windscreen demisting) slits. Am I looking at a complete removal of the dashboard?
:welcome: Hi there safra welcome to the best corsa forum have fun ask loads of questions

do you think someone has put stinky fish or something down your vents yuck bet it stinks but just do a search its on here somewhere hope this helps :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, this is a cool forum.

I did search the tutorials (it's always my first stop) but didn't see anything that really matched my query.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
try the changing led's tutorial as it shows how to take the front panel off :)

i think it's how to change heater panel bulbs or something?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
No no no, he doesnt mean those heater vents. Brad, take a look at your dashboard, on the top, right at the front near the windscreen, there should be little slits in the plastic. This is where the air comes out when you try and demist your front windscreen. In removing the heater panel to change LEDs, you are removing the air vents that face tge driver, not the windscreen :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's right, c150student. Although that front panel tutorial will help, as it seems to be part of the process.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked that, but it's not the problem. I've given up on dashboard removal, as I've seen Corsa's in the scrapyard and tried to take one to pieces there, not easy. I'll be checking the heater matrix soon. I'll update the thread then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts