All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
yeah i think i shall end up doing this tomorrow. can i use t-cut to take of the glue?
Wouldn't risk it. I used nail varnish remover on mine. Worked a treat, but very time consuming.
People have used petrol, but with the price of fuel nowadays...

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
It's up to you if it's worth it, it's your car :laugh:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sweet, Will do thanks.

Job Done
Now i just need to figure out a way of making the plastic on the boot all the same colour lol./ May just keep it as it is but for now my back door's been debadged.. (Sounds so so wrong in my head).

It literally took me 5 minutes. Pour on hot water leave it 5 mins and then pry it off with an old top up car. Pow.
Thanks for the help.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Will take much longer removing those ones

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm just removing the vauxhall one now for you to show you what it looks like I'm leaving the Corsa one on their for my own pleasure. Will update this post with pictures when it's done but the method is pretty simple.

What you do is.
- Pour about 4 litre's of hot water from the tap spread evenly over the badge
- Leave it for 5 minutes to set in and do it's job on the glue (I had a cigarette)
- Pry it off using a old bank/top-up card
- Pour another 2 litre's of hot water from the tap over the glue that's left over to get it off.

After that you may want to T-Cut and Wax the area you worked on. I already did that over the weekend but doing this means I'll have to re-do that area again.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
T cut is bad for paint.

When will people learn

1 - 20 of 37 Posts