All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to get on my nerves a little so I've decided I'm going to seal the lights.....I've not got them off to have a proper look for myself but does anyone know off the top of their heads whether or not the lens is easy to remove? Anyone else got the same lights/problem?

I've noted some clips that seem to hold the lens to the lights themselves so hoping it's not a major problem to get some clear sealant on there.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm pretty sure this goes for all lights iirc.
The lights will be glued in and also have clips on them. Remove the clips, then either heat an oven on a low heat (gas mark 3-4) and put them in for 5 mins until the glue softens, or get a heat gun on the lens around the edges.
Then gently pull the lens away fron the base, clean up all the glue and set about re-sealing them.

The oven option does sound a bit odd but it really does work, just keep a really good eye on them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
you dont have to remove the lens, once the condensation is gone, you can just run a bead of sealant round the edge

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
True, never really though of that. No doubt clear sealant would be the best option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts