All Corsa Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Hi,

When polishing by hand, whats the best thing to buffer the polish with. Currently applying with a standard applicator pad, but I have been using yellow dusters to buffer with.

Any thoughts?
microfiber towels/cloths?

What product have people found works well for tyre dressing to bring up the shine?
ive heard good things about meguiars? this i think? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230609845181&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
supposed to be good for getting a really show look/wet/shiny look. not sure whats best for getting a natural black tyre though

atm im just using my autogylm bumper care gel on my tyres :p as i have no other use for it now i don't have my corsa :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
microfiber towels/cloths?

ive heard good things about meguiars? this i think? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230609845181&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
supposed to be good for getting a really show look/wet/shiny look. not sure whats best for getting a natural black tyre though

atm im just using my autogylm bumper care gel on my tyres :p as i have no other use for it now i don't have my corsa :)
Tesco tyre and bumper care was bloody good for £2.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What product have people found works well for tyre dressing to bring up the shine?
Autosmart Highstyle is what i normally use, leaves a nice high gloss finish. Reccomend you let it dry properly before driving otherwise you end up with it down both sides of the car.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
When machine polishing and only 3 pads (compound, polishing and finishing) and an moderate aggressive polish and a very light finishing polish, what combination would you start with?

Im confused whether i should be starting off with a polishing pad and cutting polish, then moving up, or the other way around, with a finishing pad and low cut polish and moving down if the swirls aren't being removed? :(

Cheers

·
Registered
293 Posts
Start with the corse compound and work your way down through the finer cut compound.

Normally i would use G3 (if needed) followed by 3M Finnesse it, with hard pads then use 3M machine glaze with a soft pad then seal and polish.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi mate.
I have next weekend off, so want to give the car the best clean i can.

Was wondering how people clean the car step by step and what products you use? Need some new ideas.

Thanks

·
Banned
254 Posts
What would you suggest for removing the excess polish off the plastics, doorhandles etc... Something that doesn't remove the polish from everywhere else on the car. I've been left with big white swirls all over my car :(

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
What would you suggest for removing the excess polish off the plastics, doorhandles etc... Something that doesn't remove the polish from everywhere else on the car. I've been left with big white swirls all over my car :(
AG Bumper Care

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
why is it every time i wash/polish car it always looks ****ing shit usually i dont give it a major wash just a basic clean but when i wash it i do the same technique,
wet whole car with hose pipe
wash with hot soapy water (not washing up liquid, car shampoo is what i use)
then leave to dry (or dry by hand)
then polish with turtle wax blue polish
but even then there is still muck left on the car and also shit loads of swirl/lines/marks
all over car just looks fonked :( what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
why is it every time i wash/polish car it always looks ****ing shit usually i dont give it a major wash just a basic clean but when i wash it i do the same technique,
wet whole car with hose pipe
wash with hot soapy water (not washing up liquid, car shampoo is what i use)
then leave to dry (or dry by hand)
then polish with turtle wax blue polish
but even then there is still muck left on the car and also shit loads of swirl/lines/marks
all over car just looks fonked :( what am i doing wrong?
Sounds like your car may need clay barring, it will remove alot of dirt/tar you cant see.

Also machine polishing helps to remove the swirls as the swilrs hold the dirt and with swirls the paint dosnt really shine

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Sounds like your car may need clay barring, it will remove alot of dirt/tar you cant see.

Also machine polishing helps to remove the swirls as the swilrs hold the dirt and with swirls the paint dosnt really shine
cheers, it is kind of hard to explain but when you look at the paint in the sun or different angles the paint looks like a scratched cd/dvd but it is not scratched just same effect if you no what i mean, and if i just wet car over and washed with soapy water and leave the car is still filthy :/ going to try get some clay and see if that works.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts