All Corsa Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
how much would i be looking at for a proper full on detail? and what would a full detail consist of cheers.
Most "pros" charge a few hundred quid.

a full detail would pobably consist of

snowfoam
rinse
wash
clay
de-tar
wash
rinse
machine polish using compound to remove swirls and scratches
sealant
wax

then wheels will be washed, sealed and possibly waxed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Most "pros" charge a few hundred quid.

a full detail would pobably consist of

snowfoam
rinse
wash
clay
de-tar
wash
rinse
machine polish using compound to remove swirls and scratches
sealant
wax

then wheels will be washed, sealed and possibly waxed.
Thats just a basic exterior detail.

One of my full details consists of:

Engine bay, arches, door/boot shuts treated in a degreasing agent
Cold rinse
Alloys treated with relevant cleaning solution dependent on condition
Snow foam
Hot rinse including engine bay,arches door/boot shuts and wheels
Hand dried with MF towel.

Interior plastics,dash,door cards ect completely stripped of silicone products cleaned and hand dried. Sun visors removed and cleaned and refitted and the headlining cleaned. Cloth seats (including under the rear seats etc) and carpets (floor mats as well if fitted) shampoo'd and all interior glass cleaned. Dehumidifiers left in the car for 12 hours plus untill interior completely dry. Boot is stripped out and cleaned, spare wheel will also be cleaned as well as the jack/wheel brace kit. Boot carpet and parcel shelf where applicable are shampoo'd and then boot is built back up and a dehumidifier put in to dry it out. Interior is then neutralised and then scented if required.

The exterior will be completely de tarred and clayed. A full paint correction will follow, then a second stage using soft pads. The paintwork will then recieve two coats of sealant followed by two coats of wax ( which depends on the type of paint/metallic/colour of the car). Engine bay and arches are dressed, all exterior plastics dressed, exhaust/chromework rectified, sealed and waxed, underside of bonnet,door/boot shuts waxed, exterior glass cleaned and tyres dressed.

There are further stages such as removing the wheels and cleaning the inside of them as well as the brake calipers etc though i dont get many customers asking for that.

On top of all of that any smart repair work to be carried out (wheel refurb/powder coating, dent removal, windscreen chip/scratch removal, interior repairs such as seat damage, cigarette burns etc)

On a small car such as a corsa prices start at £400.. which may seem a lot but quite a lot of 'pro' detailers charge around that for a full exterior detail alone.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Thats just a basic exterior detail.

One of my full details consists of:

Engine bay, arches, door/boot shuts treated in a degreasing agent
Cold rinse
Alloys treated with relevant cleaning solution dependent on condition
Snow foam
Hot rinse including engine bay,arches door/boot shuts and wheels
Hand dried with MF towel.

Interior plastics,dash,door cards ect completely stripped of silicone products cleaned and hand dried. Sun visors removed and cleaned and refitted and the headlining cleaned. Cloth seats (including under the rear seats etc) and carpets (floor mats as well if fitted) shampoo'd and all interior glass cleaned. Dehumidifiers left in the car for 12 hours plus untill interior completely dry. Boot is stripped out and cleaned, spare wheel will also be cleaned as well as the jack/wheel brace kit. Boot carpet and parcel shelf where applicable are shampoo'd and then boot is built back up and a dehumidifier put in to dry it out. Interior is then neutralised and then scented if required.

The exterior will be completely de tarred and clayed. A full paint correction will follow, then a second stage using soft pads. The paintwork will then recieve two coats of sealant followed by two coats of wax ( which depends on the type of paint/metallic/colour of the car). Engine bay and arches are dressed, all exterior plastics dressed, exhaust/chromework rectified, sealed and waxed, underside of bonnet,door/boot shuts waxed, exterior glass cleaned and tyres dressed.

There are further stages such as removing the wheels and cleaning the inside of them as well as the brake calipers etc though i dont get many customers asking for that.

On top of all of that any smart repair work to be carried out (wheel refurb/powder coating, dent removal, windscreen chip/scratch removal, interior repairs such as seat damage, cigarette burns etc)

On a small car such as a corsa prices start at £400.. which may seem a lot but quite a lot of 'pro' detailers charge around that for a full exterior detail alone.
see i am in a bit of a predicament, my current car is in bad shape (tidy/clean wise) but not worth me spending 400+ on lol you would have your work cut out on it though maybe ill have it done on next car. Thanks for the info, also would you mind giving me a few prices of how much for interior doing and how much for exterior doing (just basic clean) thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can i use a 100 amp alternator on my corsa sxi auto ? i bought one used and when i took mine off its 70 amp :-(
newbee 1 st timer

41 - 49 of 49 Posts