All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty much as above i have a completely stock 1995 1.2 arizona spec, only had a butchers to fine there is no front ARB, as i was looking at putting a combo one on i have as well as my cav rear ARB.

just thought id ask here out of interest, or has a previous owner possibly taken it of in the past?
no wonder why it doesnt feel like my old corsa that had a stock arb in front

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
As far as I know some did, some didn't.

Krazeedude's LS 1.2 didn't, my LS 1.4 did.

Someone may want to correct me but I thought a front ARB reduces over steering, and rear reduces under steer. So would the rear alone not be best? Or does it feel worse than your last?

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
As mentioned, some models have them and some don't.

With a front wheel drive, they usually have under steer characteristics as standard, so you don't want to make that worse by putting a really thick / stiff ARB up front.
A regular ARB up front will reduce the body roll so you'll benefit from one there, but making it too thick can ruin the already bad handling of the Corsa B
Thin up front, then the Cav one on the rear to keep the rear beam more rigid is the best combination IMO

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had one on my old corsa, felt more confident in corners, to be honest i got this combo one for a couple of quid i will try it with it on and and the rear arb on and will play with it, and see what its like without one or go get a normal one but i will give it a try with a combo front and cav rear. its only a few bolts for the front at the end of the day - but i cant imagine with both ARB's on (cav and combo) it would be much worse than what it is atm would it?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts