All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Can't say I'm a fan of them tbh. I much more prefer petrol engines.

·
Banned
521 Posts
1.5's are crap, but the 1.7 isuzu engine out of a cav fits in. Then with the boost turned up and a decat you should be looking at the good side of 90bhp

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the 1500 tds in the novas and corsas are great, there nippy and powerful for what they are ive drove both nova and corsa and its a good drive fair doos theres a bit moresmoke and noise but it will outpull a few of the corsa range that are classed to be above it

if you o for a nova go for the very rare td-sri al the looks of the sri but with a money saving diesal engine

d

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not really a fan of them but i saw the performance and iv heard that they dnt like drinking deisel and they go on forever and im not sure if it would be worth considering the 1.5td in the gls or cdx??

·
Registered
901 Posts
You can consider it , but i dont like diesels some people do some don't like my mum this had a Golf td gti 2.0 instead of the 2.0gti petrol silly women :p but i tell you something the golf td gti is fast as **** :S i think some diesel engine are quick and some arnt .

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Its only really modern cars where diesels have improved and are more impressive. But id definitely say no you said it yourself!! "there noisy, smokey, unrefined and slow" dont bother.

Thr 1.5TD are punchy at low revs but are generally unrefined and noisy.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
That link you put up, quite a bit sounds like a load of sh*te , too much butt licking, its so damn quick and real fun to drive! then explain why it only got one and half stars for performance and handling on www.parkers.co.uk? to be honest its not exactly the best car out there

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ye i do hate them.the only thing that made me think that they might be ok is that at work i went out in a mercedes diesel van and it was faster and more resposive than my car quite easily. but it was probly a huge engine.i do love petrol tho!!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
You can consider it , but i dont like diesels some people do some don't like my mum this had a Golf td gti 2.0 instead of the 2.0gti petrol silly women :p but i tell you something the golf td gti is fast as **** :S i think some diesel engine are quick and some arnt .
Any golf TDi is rapid, they are excellent engines, thats a fine example of a good diesel, i friend bought one over the petrol because it was just as quick had more torque and was much better on fuel, he not exactly a slow driver either. Renault DCi engines are supposed to be quite impressive to.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Renault DCi engines are supposed to be quite impressive to.
most modern diesel's are compareable to petrol's, for example the latest Transit, you really shouldn't be able to have that much fun when driving a van.
Common-rail diesels are rapidly overtaking the petrols, not just in terms of power and torque, but in fuel economy while under the same conditions. going from an old 2.5 DI transit to one of the latest models is quite frankly, scary at best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts