All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all clocks on interchangeable I know there are cable driven and electric so that has to bee the same,mine is a 1.4 8v with no rev counter soo I was wondering if i could get a set with a rev counter on and swap the clocks over?

·
Registered
696 Posts
yes you can :)

all thats needed is if yours is cable, you need a cable (pre97 iirc) pdriven clockset. if its electronic you need an electronic one. Iv done this recently and have found that my speedo is not a hell of alot more accurate :) s is my fuel gauge. only task now is to wire up rev counter.

·
Registered
389 Posts
all corsa's have rev counter wires dont they ?

my mate use to have a digital clock set in his nova look smart just took days to wire up . ( not recommended ) unless confident about wireing

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ok with this, ive got a Pre 97 corsa without a rev counter, mine is cable driven, so if i got a pre 97 cable driven clockset with a rev counter it would be a direct replacment.

Or would i have to buy some sort of adaptor to make it fit.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Ok with this, ive got a Pre 97 corsa without a rev counter, mine is cable driven, so if i got a pre 97 cable driven clockset with a rev counter it would be a direct replacment.

Or would i have to buy some sort of adaptor to make it fit.
no adapter, its plug and play. But the bulb setup is different, so swap over what you can, but be prepared to buy a couple more |:) not expensive lol
oh, and the rev counter wont work until you wire it to the ignition coil back the the multiuplug.

on the upside they have made lots of difference to mine in terms of accuracy

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
oh, and the rev counter wont work until you wire it to the ignition coil back the the multiuplug.
Any chance you wanna do a little tutorial for all us less technicaly minded people, im sure i could work it out but don't want to electrocute myself or break my car.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ok well ive just bought a set of clocks off ebay for a Corsa B, cable driven, so hope to get them soon, and then hope that they actually fit and work.

Will do a tutorial if my camera works.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i'll see if i can get a wiring diagram up for you folks tommorrow (afternoon), i had to wire mine into the ignition coil when i fitted my aftermarket tacho, but the principle is the same.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok well ive just bought a set of clocks off ebay for a Corsa B, cable driven, so hope to get them soon, and then hope that they actually fit and work.

Will do a tutorial if my camera works.
ye please do a tutorial i have just got a set of ebay aswel and dont have a clue how to wire up rev counter or anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts