All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my corsa has got a digital dash in it when you first turn the ignition on all the gauges go up like they are meant to but once you start the engine there is no reading at all on the temp gauge part any ideas

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a corsa sport the temp gauge dosent even come on when engine is warm only lights up with the rest of the dash when ignition first goes on then once car is running nothing from it

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Has it always been like this?

Check the connection on the temp sensor. It may need cleaning, or it may not even be connected properly.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I have no idea. I would guess it will be on or around your thermostat, which is likely to be at the front of the engine closest the the radiator.

Another option is to trace the loom through the engine bay and check it is fully earthed. A dodgy earth wire can cause all sorts of random havoc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if my temp gauge is not going up my fan wont kick in when engine is too warm is there a way to check if the fan works or not

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
sensor

Hi

I had this problem in my old car and i checked the temp sensor near the front bumper and it was just a dodgy connection. maybe just checking that could sort it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well now i was checking the wiring on my radiator and its caused a short somewhere and the whole dash has gone blank so ive blew a fuse/relay somewhere does anyone no which fuse/relay is for the dashboard illumination need answer soon as possible please so i can drive the car again thanx

·
Registered
143 Posts
have you connected the wires proper? i think the wire is a blue black their are 2, one for oil pressure which dosent cont for the corsa and one for the temprature.

i got this wrong too lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
the dash worked properly before i checked the radiator wire none off my fuses have blew ive had the digital dash out and the bulbs on the back of it are ok too plus since it happened ive got no indicators and the break lights are not coming on just checked some of the fuses and they dont have a ignition live going to them while the other fuses do hopefully something to do with this

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thanks for updating us. Will help for future reference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts