All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i usualy know alot of symptoms but this i'm unsure of, i set of fast and some times my revs dip and my foot could be flat two the floor but no noise or power gain this never use to happen ,

its not that i'm driving like a learner either

i'm racking my brains thinking

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sounds like flat spots to me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it cant be lee its been serviced and had timing done hundred times. new plugs and all that carry on

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
83 thousend changed the petrol filter is it easy to do the pump . also were is the lambda sensor is it on the outlet manifold

·
Registered
393 Posts
could be the lambda sensor, its on the exhaust manifold where the 4 pipes branch into 1. It might not be reacting fast enough (due to internal fault or being clogged) so that the engine runs too rich for a moment and can't accelerate while under load. this sort of thing happens mostly when setting off from cold and trying to accelerate hard in a gear thats too high.

a way around it is to change the way that you press the throttle pedal, when you want to accelerate, move the pedal slowly at first and let the rpm's rise, as the engine spins up you can press it down further to keep up with the rpm's. after a while, this should help blast out any crud thats gotten stuck in the lambda sensor, but being too aggresive with how you do it can cost you a fair bit in petrol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep and i pulled it straight off it was rubbish didn't do out so i drilled my origional and put a uprated filter in . my porceline has crack on the lamba sensor it has broke away right near the end i noticed whilst checking today do you reckon i need a new one i do .

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also i get a bit off a backfire if i boot it in any gear at first . do you reckon the sensor causing this as it never use to untill a few weeks ago . it use to be quite nippy for a 1.2 REALLY

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
i Seem to have a problem with this as well, its when i floor it, even if its does progessively, its even more noticeable when cold, its at about 3k RPM? Guessing i should have a look at the lambda sensor? you dont think a drilled airbox would cause it do you?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nope i dont think so , yours is a 1.2 8v like mine i will try and get hold of a new box and see if it does but my lambda sensor needs changing anyway what condition is yours in clutch have you checked .

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Sounds like the fuel mapping is all over the place.

Will it rev up ok?

Wondering if its a fuel relay sending dodgy signals back to the ecu.

·
Registered
393 Posts
the fuel relay in one of these isn't that complicated, it's not a module like on these modern cars. if there's a fault with it that the ecu can pick up, chances are it'll be 'FIP circuit fault' or not at all.
but nice idea, that can happen on a modern car with a FIP module :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts