All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out by telling me the length a dipstick should be on a Corsa C (2003)?

Basically for the last 2 years since I bought the car the oil seems to go low VERY quickly.

I have had it checked for leaks and blockages and everything seems fine.

However the oil light doesn't come on....(it has twice but that is because I hadn't checked the oil in a while).

What I am now thinking is that the oil is fine but the dipstick is possibly too short (maybe the previous owner bought a rubbish one off ebay). This would explain why the light doesn't come on (when there is apparently no oil in the tank). If this is the case I am possibly over-filling it! Which can't be good.

Does anyone have any idea what the correct measurement should be? Or even another explanation for my problem?

Thanks

·
Banned
140 Posts
Z12XE engine from the bottom of the yellow stop to end of dipstick is 16.5" or 420 mm
a compression test should sort out your problem

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry for the delay,but done it at last.The distance from the shoulder of the dipstick,(which is the part that sits on the dipstick tube when fully pushed in) to the max level where the oil level should be is 16 and a half inches.Hope this is of some help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts