All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
once again ive decided to add a few extra touches to the corsa so here is what i want but ive got a strict budget to stick to of £300-500 so i was wondering do you think for this money i could get at least most of the following.

*New speakers in the front doors (do you know the sizes of the standard ones?)
*Amp (Maybes a sub aswell)
*New Leds For my centre console and dash
*New front and back standard bumper colour coded and fitted
* Smoothed scuttle panel sprayed and fitted
* New wheel arches sprayed and fitted.
* Door Handles sprayed and re fitted.

do you think its possible on my budget :confused:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I had my bumpers and arches door handles donre for £150, you can get a scuttle panel for about £40 and then have it sprayed about £30, new LED's are cheap as chips, Door components can be picked up for about £100 for a good set and about £90 for an amp. Thats £310 so you could even get yourself a nice Sub for around £90 to take it upto £400 in the middle of your budget:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
door handles you can do yourself for pennies, and I wouldbt bother with the amp, go for a FLI system which has a enclosed sub with amp built in its what i had in the back of mine and they were fookin amazing, led's you can do for a tener, but with re-spraying the bumpers and arches your better of saving for a few month and get the whole thing done

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'd avoid FLI mate, because if you go active then you wont be able to amp your door speakers, and i didnt miss them i named them as door components which is what you should go for:) I wouldnt bother spraying anything yourself get a pro to do it as they wont charge all that much and if it startes peeling etc... you can take it back with no worries, and i would bother with an amp else powering door speakers off the HU will not sound all that good:)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Mate you dont know what you're talking about.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
lol i had door pioneer doro speakers and fli sub in my corsa for like a year and never sounded weak, was always more dominant overthe sub if ne tink ;)

·
15,023 Posts
the door speakers dont need an amp, if you've got a decent head unit you wont have a problem
:rolleyes:
Well the headunit is going to be giving out about 20-25w RMS whereas the components are going to be rated at 70-120w RMS. Pretty much confirms CorsaJ
CorsaJ said:
Mate you dont know what you're talking about.....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah but that 25RMS is both channels added together so you will only be getting about 12-13WRMS per channel, i wouldnt even power my tweeters with that little amount of power!:)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
your talking out your arse pal head unit has 4 x 50 w
CorsaJ is right mate - if you go to an audio forum like icecavern they will tell you the same thing. If you want comps your gonna want to amp them to get the best performance from them. A headunits power is next to nothing really and is only good for powering your standard car speakers. I don't know alot about ICE but I know that :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lol my arse must be right then mate, do you know about max power ratings and RMS ratings.....NO, thought not mate, the 4x50w that it says is max power, you actually get 4x about 13-15WRMS, i was trying to explain to you and try and help you understand and you have to start beinmg arrogant and abusive, simply pathetic!

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi

i think this one is getting a bit out of hand, first off corsaj is bang on regarding bodywork etc. in regards to your door speakers, they are normally 5" or 13cm you can go bigger with a mounting bracket. you can pick up a decent set for 50 quid, second i would strongly suggest that you sound proof the area that your speakers are in (otherwise they will distort a fair bit). most aftermarket stereos will happily power your front speakers without them needing to be powered by an amp. leave the amp to parcelshelf speakers,stealth shelf speakers or a sub.

my whole system cost me 250 quid. that got me -

front door speakers, rear door card speakers, parcelshelf speakers, 2 subs, 2 amps, underseat subs and head unit. and before anyone comments no i arent a bass junkie either just like my music.

·
15,023 Posts
most aftermarket stereos will happily power your front speakers
Ok they will power them, but will not power them enough. Why spend all that money on better speakers if you aint going to get the benefit from them, since they wont have enough power.

·
Registered
224 Posts
all im saying is i personally think it is pointless wiring an amp to doorcard speakers unless you are going for competition sounds. i would leave them for other parts of your system.

·
15,023 Posts
But surely a better sound quality overall is obviously better even if not going for a competition.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Its all about personal preference guys, can we leave it at that

1 - 20 of 29 Posts