All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When im driving along with my lights on normal beem and say hit a bump or on a bumpy road my full beem some times comes on for a couple of secs ( varies in how long it stays on ) and then goes off .

Anyone have a clue whats wrong is it dodgy wires or what cos people think im flashing at them when im not and its not good when you passing police and they think your flashing them lol..

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Are you sure your headlights are secured properly?

·
Registered
389 Posts
could be the electrics which goes into the back of the bulb give it a good push not to hard tho as you only need to fart near a halogen bulb and they brake :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
When im driving along with my lights on normal beem and say hit a bump or on a bumpy road my full beem some times comes on for a couple of secs ( varies in how long it stays on ) and then goes off .

Anyone have a clue whats wrong is it dodgy wires or what cos people think im flashing at them when im not and its not good when you passing police and they think your flashing them lol..
Have you checked the wiring hasn't come loose? Or that the lamps are securely in place?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i maybe thought .. :S dunno it always does it at annoying times and its always when theres police about so looks like im flashing them..

·
Registered
585 Posts
Make sure you have the plastic lugs at the bottom of the the light fitting. They can fail you on MOT for not having them.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Make sure you have the plastic lugs at the bottom of the the light fitting. They can fail you on MOT for not having them.
I broke one off mine last week when I took my light out, they're a right pain to get into.

·
Registered
585 Posts
yeah I need 2 new ones too....lost one while having the paint job done and the remaining one broke. I need to put them back for 2 reasons: the abovementioned and also the dip doesn't reach as far as I'd like. The adjustment motors work fine...just have to take it easy on the dark roads I'm not so familiar with.

·
Registered
65 Posts

that happens to me too

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Is there other times it just turns itself on and not only when your going over a bump, probably same as mine and you will need a new switch.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
soz not bein on for a while it seems to have stopped at the mo but saying this now *touch wood* it will probably start again lol not sure...il have a look for them plastic lugs you were talking about and see, other than that dont fancy getting a new switch hardly have time to do much at the mo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
same happened to mi sisters tigra (corsa wanna be lol) i could hear the relay clikin like mad, pulled the bugger out n it had melted, replaced it an it turned out to be the stalk after all, easy to do at least

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
My car failed on that! i was pretty pee'd off as that was the only thing that was wrong, so i got out the glue gun and coated it in that, as well as some bathroom sealant lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts