All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could i put a subaru impreza 2litre non-turbo induction kit onto my 1.2 corsa?

·
Registered
801 Posts
What is the point? It will not improve any performance what so ever. It won't be something to brag about either.

Sorry to sound harsh, but thats how it is. As many have stated, your best off buying a new panel filter and drilling your airbox.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
i doubt it... think about the size differance of the air flow ;) 1.2 to 2 ...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Theoretically it will probably fit somehow or other but you'd be better off using the panel filter method.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh no i was just saying because ive got a k&n off my dads scooby as he had a new one, ive drilled the airbox, and it wasnt what i was expecting really dont get me wrong theres a bit of a grunt but nothing to brag about will the k&n filter panel help make it sound better?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I didn't have the car before the panel filter was fitted so I couldn't really say but Lee_H doesn't have a k&n panel filter and his sounds really grunty.
CorsaJ what engine is it on?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1.2 8v

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah you probably won't hear a massive difference then. I had a k&n cone filter on my 1.2 8v and you couldn't even hear the thing.
Believe me on the bigger engines you know when it's been drilled.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Others might disagree but id have to say whats the point?! Its still not gonna make any worthwhile difference to performance really is it. whatever way you look at it, its a 1.2. whats it gonna be faster than, a 1.2 clio?
Make it look good first then think about a 1.6 or a redtop!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
drill the airbox , nice aftermarket panel filter, and be done with it.

you should hear a bit of a difference even on the 1.2 8v, i did when i had mine :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've got standard airbox with the little flap thing taken out, courtney sport panel filter - I get a wheezing noise when I put my toe down, thats on a 1.6 8v engine though.

Just a matter of playing around, you can buy those Maxflower induction kits for 20 quid, make it sound a bit more louder but doesn't have clog up your engine with ****e :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
piper cross universal foam filter is wat i got on my 1.2 8v

and it sounds alrite fairly deep

pick on off ebay cheap like =)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
my time machine works :)

20-10-2006

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
my time machine works :)

20-10-2006
Lol. Was really into this thread also! If i drilled and got a better filter, would i notice a difference in my 1L 12v?

/nick

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lol. Was really into this thread also! If i drilled and got a better filter, would i notice a difference in my 1L 12v?

/nick
No.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts