All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 vintage 1200 petrol Corsa keeps having 'Mass Airflow Meter' errors. I keep clearing them with my OBD2 unit but they keep coming back. I have been reading my new Haynes manual and it does show some models having a nice big chunky airflow meter just after the air filter but mine does not seem to have one anywhere or if it does its well hidden. I have also seen plenty of online sites selling airflow meters for 1.2L Corsas, so I know what I should be looking for, but mine really doesn't seem to have one ! If not, how does the Engine Management Unit know how much air is coming in. Basically I'm stumped.
Suggestions anyone please ?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Welcome. Newer versions have dropped the Air Flow Meter in favour of the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP) which is usually far more reliable. The AFM was in the intake trunking as you say, the MAP is on the throttle body on the later versions iirc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More airflow discusission - Corsa 1.2L petrol, 2010 vintage

Thanks taurus - very useful info that would make sense - in fact now I think about it the error message does say 'MAF/MAP' so would make a lot of sense. Next thing will be to look for that then - luckily the car is running reasonably well so its not critical. Also it has just passed its MOT test, but one emission parameter that had worsened over the last year that I think may be connected to the issue is the lambda reading - it changed from 1.012 to 1.024 which also indicates an airflow issue possibly ? Note I have changed the air filter recently just in case but did not help. I also can't see any cracks or potential leaks in the airflow pipework. Thanks again - any suggestions most welcome everyone - apart from take it to a garage - it will have to be properly broken before I do that :). Rgds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.