All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have removed this side bit of the car as shown in the picture? Does it leave any holes or marks and is it easy to do?

Btw, I have a Red 97 Corsa Merit 5dr

Cheers Guys

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
In the Haynes Max Power modifying manual, it says that you have to heat it up and it will just pull off. There aren't any holes or anything like that but apparently the glue and stuff that was used to stick them on needs to come off. They are using what looks like some kind of sanding wheel to get this glue stuff off and they say its fine but i havent done it yet as im worried about my paintwork underneath it. Can any1 else help out on how easy it is to get the glue stuff off?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
just get some dental floss and edge it off.

Although when i went to take mine off it left an indent in the door panel so i had to put it back on. I think it was because it's a older car and had been on for a long while

·
Registered
322 Posts
it comes off easy. i used a hair dryer to soften the glue. then used some autoglym tar remover to get the rest of the glue off. However i was left with some horrible white lines. Its water under the paint, so used a heat gun, only a few seconds over each bit then move on..... The lines vanished after about 2 passes. My car is a 53 plate, so if yours is newer, you might not have the problems with the water marks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah im sure of it. just get yourself a heat gun, there only like 20 quid, and they will take them away no problem

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I removed mine with no problems at all, i used hot water to help loosen the side strips and then rubbed off the rest of the glue. No marks left, no problems at all :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
:cool: i had no problems with mine. used a hair dryer on them and they came off no problem its just the glue it takes forever to come off. :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
i had to take mine off due to the amount of body reshaping tht needed on my dirvers side doors, mines a p reg (1996) and it had no water marks undernetah it at all, we just used the hairdryer like everyone else is sayin and mine just literally fell off lol.

does look much better without them on in my eyes

·
Registered
713 Posts
fair play, each to their own i say. the plans ive got for the looks for my corsa (if they come to fruition mind), i dnt think many ppl will be impressed with it but i think it wud look nice and personal

·
Registered
39 Posts
mmm, I wish I'd not read this thread now:laugh:

I really can't make my mind up whether to take them off or not, I've had family and workmates bored out of their heads discussing the merits of their presence.

I'm now thinking colour coding them to match, but then again maybe mmmmm!

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Look if you take them off and you dont like it you can stick them back on again, or get new ones and put them back on so they have no marks.

·
Registered
713 Posts
nah not at all theyre just on there for "cosmetic look" there's no other point or purpose to them. if u look lots vauxhalls, and other cars have them on.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
The may point of them is to stop your car been damaged by someone opening a door into, but really just park further away from the shop or where ever since they look so much better with out them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts